Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 18, 2020

Unavailability of Voice Assistant

Does Bose has plans of expanding the use of Voice Assistant to other countries? I bought Home Speaker 500 thinking i can conveniently manage the speaker using google assistant and Alexa, but disappointingly finds out it is not the case. It is a shame that the device is being sold to every country and advertised with built in Alexa and Google Assistant but making it still unavailable until now to many countries despite being in the market for since Aug 2018 (?)

Also, please make Bose Music app more user friendly and versatile. Bose sound quality is undeniably good but there are still so much improvements needed to do to make the product more competitive.

If i only knew that Google Assistant and Alexa is not available in my country, I instead bought Harman Kardon or JBL or Huawei.

👎👎👎

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Unavailability of Voice Assistant

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. 

Very sorry to hear that you are disappointed that our voice assistant integration is not yet available in your region. Bose are working on expanding this feature to further countries, however we do not have any eta regarding when this will be available. 

If we get word on expansion, we will be sure to inform the Bose community!

Have a great day.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 18, 2020

Re: Unavailability of Voice Assistant

What is the relevance of this templated reply? This is the same answer you guys give since time immemorial. Obviously, Bose is not doing anything about it since it's been TWO years since you launch your Home Speaker 500 and voice assistant is only available on very few selected countries. If only i i can return this item and instead buy more updated speakets in the market.