Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Universal Remote stopped flashing after clearing reassociating

The remote was working perfectly with the soundbar 700, until one day, when the internet was down, the remote stopped responding. After the internet was back I turned the soundbar on/off again, yet the remote was not working. I thought it was frozen so I decided to remove the remote so that I can pair it again.

At first, when I tried to pair, the source buttons were flashing one after the other. However, the remote did not pair successfully. Then the app suggested that I need to reassociate the remote via the left direction button and the decrease volume button. The power, source and source power buttons flashed which meant that it had successfully been cleared of memory.

After I did that, I removed the batteries and then tried to pair again by pressing the increase volume button. And now the source buttons don't flash at all. I have tried everything available online, including the offline pairing option, and nothing has worked out.

I'm guessing my remote is just a useless brick now? If so, how do I get a warranty replacement?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Feb 10, 2019

Re: Universal Remote stopped flashing after clearing reassociating

The remote starts to flash when batteries are low. Try new batteries.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2020

Re: Universal Remote stopped flashing after clearing reassociating

Thanks for the response. The flashing I was referring to is when I set it to pairing mode by pressing the increase volume button. It wasn't flashing otherwise.