PercyBottle
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Universal remote long press

When you hold your finger down on a button of the universal remote supplied with the SB700, it should send a "long press" signal, but instead, it sends multiple key strokes. For example, my remote is configured to control my Sony TV with Android TV build in. With the Sony remote, you can do a long press of the centre OK/Select button and it pops up a context menu (instead of selecting the on-screen item, which you get with a normal short press). Unfortunately, the Bose universal remote doesn't mimic this behaviour. If you hold the centre circle button down, it just sends lots of "select" keypresses. So there's no way to get the context menu to appear. All the other buttons control the Sony TV correctly.

Is this something that can be fixed in a future firmware upgrade?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Goran65
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 10, 2019

Re: Universal remote long press

Hi,

I have the same problem with Nvidia Shield TV (Pro 2015).

Long press does not work. Normaly it is on the "OK" button.

/Goran

Highlighted
PercyBottle
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Can we make this a feature request, please?

Highlighted

Hello PercyBottle, 

Thank you for posting and reaching out to us today! Sorry to hear that the remote is not functioning the way you would want it to. 

I would be more than happy to make this a feature request for you. I will pass this onto the development team and update the thread as soon as we know more. 

If any other users would like to see this, or any other features added please do let us know. 

Kind regards,

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
PercyBottle
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 29, 2018

Thanks @Hector_B