kovlex
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Using Soundbar with Soundtouch

I own a SoundTouch 30 II and I am looking to purchase more products, however I am not sure if I can get them to work together.

These are my two use-cases:

1. Listen to music in a multi-room setup and individually. Basically I am interested if I purchase a SoundBar 700 and maybe a subwoofer and/or surround speakers can I listen to music that I stream to my SoundTouch at the same time. So basically I would have multiple speakers play the same content. 

2. Watch TV. Can I use the SoundBar, Subwoofer and combine it with either surround speakers or multiple SoundTouch speakers and use it with my Sony Bravia TV? Could I use SoundTouch speakers to have them work as surround speakers?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Using Soundbar with Soundtouch

Hello Kovlex,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community. 

The Soundbar 700 will not be able to be linked with your SoundTouch 30 II speaker as the Soundbar 700 connects to the Bose Music app opposed to SoundTouch. 

If you are looking for a soundbar that can connect to your TV as well as being grouped to the SoundTouch 30 II, I would recommend looking into the SoundTouch 300 Soundbar. You can also purchase the Bass Module 700/ 500 and surround speakers to this product. Alternatively you can look into the Lifestyle 650 or Lifestyle 550 which come provided with a bass module and surround speakers which also uses the SoundTouch app. 

In regards to using other SoundTouch speakers as surround speakers. This would not be possible. We do not recommend in grouping your speakers when referencing to TV video, this is due to the processing required in grouping your speakers together which would ultimately cause an audio to video delay. If you group your speakers for audio and are not referencing video this will be perfectly fine. 

If you have any further questions, do let us know. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
kovlex
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Thanks Tegan,

So I would be able to use the Soundtouch 300 Soundbar + multiple soundtouch speakers + Bass for Music, but you don't recommend them using for TV.

What setup would work great for TV? Soundbar 300 + Bass 700 + Surround Speakers? The problem is with using Soundtouch speakers as surround, right?

Highlighted

Hi Kovlex, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

So I would be able to use the Soundtouch 300 Soundbar + multiple soundtouch speakers + Bass for Music, but you don't recommend them using for TV.

Yes, you can connect a SoundTouch 300 to other Soundtouch speakers. If you do this for watching video you will experience an audio to video lag, but if you group your speakers solely just for music listening this will be fine. 

What setup would work great for TV? Soundbar 300 + Bass 700 + Surround Speakers? The problem is with using Soundtouch speakers as surround, right?

If you want to create a surround experience for TV, you will want to include the surround speakers and bass module within your setup. You will not be able to get the same experience by connecting other SoundTouch speakers to your soundbar, as previously stated this will also just provide an audio to video lag. Whilst setting up your speaker you will be provided with a process named ADAPTiQ this will calibrate the audio to your living space so that you get the best audio experience in your home. You can also use the Bose SoundTouch App to alter the audio settings also if the ADAPTiQ process does not completely fulfil your requirements. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.