Highlighted
earm57
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Voice Commands Doesn't Start Spotify Music Playback Bose 500 HS

Hi,

A few days ago the google assistant was working normally, but today does not start playing spotify music with voice commands. It says "I can't do it here, but you can ask me to play it on another one of your devices". This is the only function it doesn't perform, because up and down volume, weather information, random questions if it works.
Now to start playing music I must always do it from the Bose Music app because the google assistant can't do it...

PD. I can use the speaker to play music on my chromecast, but not on the speaker.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

2 REPLIES 2
Parimal
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

Google assistant - Home Speaker 500 asking spotify to play music error "I can't do that here"

Hey!

Problem 1) I have the Home Speaker 500 in US. I got the firmware update and have google assistant installed. Spotify seemed to work okay initially, however asking GA to play anything on Spotify I am getting error "I can't do that here, but you can ask me to play on one of your other devices"

Problem 2) I have tried resetting GA music preferred app to Spotify. But I am unable to select Spotify or Pandora or Sirius XM in the Bose Music app. Tapping on any of the 3 does nothing!

Problem 3) If I am travelling can I carry the home speaker 500 to Asia (China, India) and expect google assistant to work?

Thanks.

Re: Voice Commands Doesn't Start Spotify Music Playback Bose 500 HS

Hi Earm57 and Parimal

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue! 

This is an issue that we are aware of and is something that has been escalated to Google and is under investigation.

We are working to resolve this and will update the community as soon as we know more regarding this! I can only apologize for the inconvenience at this moment in time. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support