Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vESpaPT
Participant
Registered since

Jan 14, 2020

Voice assistant Portugal

Hi

I buy a soundbar 700 thinking that will work with alexa or Google assistant. 

These two voice assistants already work in Portugal. 

Why my soundbar doesn't recognize these assistants

Best regards 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Charlotte_G

Re: Voice assistant Portugal

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hello vESpaPT,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed that you cannot use these voice assistants on your Soundbar 700. 

We are continuously working with Amazon to allow integration to our products in as many countries as possible. I will certainly pass along your feedback to our development team for future consideration.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Charlotte_G

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hello vESpaPT,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're disappointed that you cannot use these voice assistants on your Soundbar 700. 

We are continuously working with Amazon to allow integration to our products in as many countries as possible. I will certainly pass along your feedback to our development team for future consideration.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Mikale
Participant
Registered since

Jun 6, 2020

Dear Bose,

It as passed more than 2 years since I bought SoundBar Bose 700 for a really expensive price.

From this 2 years experience with Bose, my notes are:

- Bose end user support is one of the most worse support structures I found during my lifetime (Note: I work in IT industry for more than 10 years now)

- Firmware / software upgrades released by Bose are not transparent nor we have the information when they are available, installed or what are the changes

- Software/Firmware upgrades are not being released timmely and not being activelly developed and improved

- Appart from that, I am still unable to use Google Assistant with my device. (I am in Portugal) I do not want to use Portuguese Google Assistant, I want to use US assistant. I use US language on all my devices from Smartphones to PC and even on websites and whatever I do. Therefore, I want to connect my google assistant US version to the soundbar and you are preventing me to get a full use of what I bought. That is the worst experience for a client.

That said, inspite the sound quality being good, (would give it 4 stars in a 1 to 5 star rating) my overall experience with Bose is pretty disapointing.

David Pádua
Participant
Registered since

Oct 11, 2020

I have the same issue. Bought an Bose Smart Speaker 300 and it's publicized as having Google Assistant. I use Google assistant in english here in Portugal and works fine with every device I have, even a rival of yours, a Harman Kardon speaker. 

Why do you sell these devices here in Portugal claiming that Google Assistant works and then you have no support for Google Assistant here? It's a shame that you mislead your costumers like that. It should be such a simple issue as Harman has this functionality well built in with no problem whatsoever. It's not quantic physics, you know?

Tpenucho
Participant
Registered since

May 30, 2021

Hi,

On the question of alexa and google support being unavailable in Portugal, I would like to say that it would be resolved if everyone returned the product and still made a complaint about misleading advertising.

is a good speaker yes, like the other bose products, if it is a smart speaker? No, it's not. it's just a speaker.

Mine has already gone to return.

nellobona
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2021

Voice assistant Portugal

Bought a Bose PORTABLE SMART SPEAKER in Switzerland and installed voice assistant that worked with Google.

Brought the speaker to Portugal and it did work until I had to reboot the device here in Portugal.

But then you have this lousy message in the Bose Music application of my iPhone saying:

No vocal assistant is available for the moment being in your country, check later...

What the #"%#@ ?

Oh.... Thanks for your help! It's really usefull!

Why doesn’t my sound bar recognize the assistants any longer?

Don not worry Mr. Bose, I will pay myself a plane ticket back to Switzerland to reinstall the whole thing again.

Yours sincerely