Barry C
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 18, 2019

Voice assistant

When I go into the settings of my Home Speaker 500, and try to set up a voice assistant, I get the message There are currently no voice assistants available in your region. Please check back later. I already use an Amazon Echo Dot and Alexa works on this device. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Voice assistant

Hi Barry, 

thank you for your post and welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your Voice Assistant. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you and I will do all I can to assist you! 

Which assistant are you trying to use?

Which region are you located in?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest,

Jessie O - Community Support

Neha.mordani@gmail.com
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 10, 2019

Hi

I have similar issue 

And I am bought the device from USA and brought to oman 

My Samsung phone works on Google assiatnce but this bose speaker 300 says the same message 

No assistant available in my region 

I live in OMAN 

Regards

Hi Neha,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. 

I would be happy to clear this up for you. While google assistant is available on android devices in your region, as we are a 3rd party system with Google, it is currently unavailable on our speakers as a voice assistant. Even if you bought the speaker in the US, the availability of the voice assistants is based on the region the speaker is being used in.

You can find the full list of which voice assistants are available in which regions HERE and while your region may not be supported at the moment, we are actively working with Google and Amazon to expand the regions we are able to support. The page I linked will be updated as we expand to support more regions.

I do apologize for any inconvenience but hope this helps explain the situation.

Kind Regards,

Keith L