Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

Voice controlled Sirius/XM

How do you play Sirius/XM channels using voice control?  I can play everything fine through the app, but when I ask google to play a certain station it says that Sirius/XM isn't currently supported on the name of my speaker.  Any thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Re: Voice controlled Sirius/XM

Hi @trumking99,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I apologize for any trouble you've encountered so far controlling your SiriusXM stations. Have you been able to play any other music services using the assistance of the Google voice assistant?

You may want to look into the Google Home app to ensure the SiriusXM skill is linked and your account is active. Let me know if anything improves!

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 28, 2019

I’m having the same problem. Just got google and SiriusXM up and running on my new Bose 500. XM works fine, Google works fine, but if you ask google to go to and XM station or play music at all, it says “sorry, it looks like SiriusXM is not supported on Bose Home Speaker 500”

Can you help?

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

I downloaded the Google home app.  It sees my Bose 500 and is linked to it.  I also went and linked our XM radio account with the app as well.  I still get the same response when I ask the speaker to play a station it says that it appears that xm radio is currently not supported in my speaker's name.  

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 16, 2020

How about answering the question. Obviously many of us are having the same issue. Are we going to be able to use our voice to control the Bose Home 500 with music services such as SiriusXM and Amazon Music or not?

As I am the 4th person to ask the exact same question, it is obvious that it is a Bose problem.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 23, 2020

Same issue here. How about it Bose???

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 7, 2020

I am able to use Pandora, Spotify, and google play with voice commands.  I can play SiriusXm from my presets or select it from the Bose app.  But, like the others here, if I ask Google to play a station from SiriusXm, it states that the Bose is not supported.  Really, come on, this should not be happening!  No answers here!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 16, 2017

I’m having the same problem. Bose, what’s the fix? Can this be addressed in an update?