Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2020

Volume loud when turn on

halo fellow bose users. I have a problem. I have a Bose 700 with sub and rear speakers. now my problem is that when i turn on the radio (tunenl) in morning the volume is loud. before I turn off the radio in the evening I set it to the volume that I would like, but the soundbar does not remember that. i have already tried everything factory reset contacted bose customer service and the soundbar has also been sent back for repair but the problem remains and is really irrational. Hope you can help me.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Volume loud when turn on

Hello Pieter,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for reaching out, I am sorry that you're facing issues with the volume level of your Soundbar 700.

Can you let us know all the troubleshooting you have already attempted so we do not re-advise you?

What product model do you have your Soundbar connected too? Are you also connected via HDMI or Optical?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2020

I have tried everything. the soundbar (700) is connected with an optical cable. the soundbar has already been offered for repair once and got a new soundbar last week. the problem remains. it is something software mediocre

Highlighted

Thanks for the update! The fact it's happening even after replacing the soundbar definitely is odd!

I do have a couple of other questions for you to get a better idea of what is happening when you are using the soundbar.

As you mentioned this change happening when the soundbar is turned off overnight, how are you turning the soundbar off? Are you using the remote, voice commands, or turning it off at the outlet? 

Have you noticed the same thing happening when you turn the soundbar off at other times or from other sources, or does it only happen with TuneIn when left overnight?

When you set the volume in the evening, how are you doing this? Is this with the remote, the app, or with voice controls? If you were to check the app after setting the level and in the morning, would the app show the same volume level at these times or does it change?

Let me know as I'd love to get to the bottom of this with you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2020

I've already tried everything. adjust the volume with the remote control and the app. it happens to everything including TV, spotify and radio. I'll try to upload a movie tonight so you can see what happens.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T8jVz61XMG1OjiuLaegZtDhIh9JuOM1J/view?usp=drivesdk

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 21, 2020

Have you see the clip in my previous post?  I hope they can fix it in the next update