Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 28, 2020

Wave Smart Home

Hi

I have a new Wave IV with pedestal which we use as a “hub” in the main kitchen/living area of the house. It has a turntable connected, is occasionally used for CDs, but mainly digital radio and Spotify. Obviously this is static, but I want to add other speakers to the network, ideally portable ones that can be moved around the house/garden, playing either the same or different sound/music to the Wave.

Is the Wave compatible with other “Smart Home” speakers? It is never mentioned in the lists of compatible smart home speakers.

Could I connect the Soundlink Revolve to the Wave? And if so would this only be via Bluetooth and therefore range limited? Would it be better to go for the Portable Home Speaker because it has wifi, and therefore only limited by the range of the house wifi?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Wave Smart Home

Hi Joe1748, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community!

Regarding your query, you will be able to connect speakers from the SoundTouch family in a group with the Wave system for multi-room audio. You will not be able to connect a SoundLink Revolve or Portable Home Speaker to the wave system.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else we can do, please reach out again!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

THanks for this reply. I am also looking to do what Joel is. I have a very specific query too if I get a speaker from the SoundTouch family group and place it in another room to my Wave IV system (Wave IV system with pedestal) will I be able to set the alarm on the Wave IV system and when that alarm goes off can it be set to stream/play the alarm in the other room (on the family group speaker)?

Hope that makes sense!

Highlighted

Hello acejase31

Thanks for reaching out with your query. 

You will be able to group your SoundTouch family speakers together via the SoundTouch app. However, do note that you will not be able to schedule your alarm to start playing music across your grouped set up. The grouped speakers need to be activated in the SoundTouch app in order to begin the grouped audio. 

I hope this helps.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2020

Thanks Tegan. Trying to come up with a solution for a Tunein/Internet clock radio alarm and it seems the only way is to get another Wave system, which seems overkill!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 20, 2020

Hello Bose help technician. The question that was asked about speaker compatibility for the Wave Soundtouch Series IV system is still not clearly available on your website, even months after this question was asked. Thankfully, I found this question and its answer. 

Respectfully please add a chart that list compatibility.