Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Wave - Soundtouch

Good Morning,

I have Wave I. I receently visited Bose showroom and saw there is wave with soundtouch feature. Can you adivise me whether I can go for Wave soundtouch or Just I can buy soundtouch adapter and use the same Wave 1 purchased in 2008.

Is there any major difference in quality  & Listening experience?

Sometime I feel Old speakers perform well when we compare to New bose speakers caz i did check soundtouch 30 with  wave II.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Wave - Soundtouch

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hi Suresh, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community! 

This is a great question! If you are interested in the SoundTouch feature, I would recommend a SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter to allow this functionality. I have included a LINK HERE to the product page to give you all the information you need. The SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter will plug into the 'Audio In' on the back of the Wave system. 

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please reach out to us again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

11 REPLIES 11

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hi Suresh, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community! 

This is a great question! If you are interested in the SoundTouch feature, I would recommend a SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter to allow this functionality. I have included a LINK HERE to the product page to give you all the information you need. The SoundTouch Wireless Link Adapter will plug into the 'Audio In' on the back of the Wave system. 

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please reach out to us again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O - Community Support

Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Hi
I understand that we can get soundtouch features if i can add the adapter to my old wave. Is there any other difference between soundtouch wave

Hi Suresh, 

Thanks for coming back to me! 

The addition of the adapter will give the older Wave all functionality that the Wave SoundTouch system has. The only difference you will have is the look of the system and DAB radio built into the main system. 

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please reach out again!

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Highlighted
Suresh Kumar
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 25, 2018

Jessie,

Thank you for your great help.

jayeshkumar1976
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 16, 2017

Hi Jessie,

I had purchased a Wave Sountouch system in the US and took it to India. The issue is that even after using a step down adaptor to convert from 220 to 120V, the system switches off after a few hours of playing. Appreciate if you can guide me.

jayeshkumar1976
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 16, 2017

Power to the system drops intermittently

I had purchased a Wave Sountouch system (with CD and radio) in the US about 3 years back and brought it to India. The issue I am facing is that even after using a good quality step down adaptor to convert from 220 to 120V, the system power switches off after a few hours of playing and then I can power it up after a while. Appreciate if you can provide any inputs guide me on this.

Hi @jayeshkumar1976 and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had with your Wave and would be happy to look into this for you.

Firstly, the Wave Soundtouch Systems (III and IV) are both region specific when it comes to power requirements.Using a step-down adaptor may not be drawing the correct power for your unit.

With that in mind, there are still a few things I would suggest!

Firstly, I would suggest that you make sure nothing is left on top of the system, as this could accidentally trigger the touch pad. I would also like to note that the system will turn off after 24 hours of inactivity (down to 12 hours if the multi-disc changer is used).

Following this, I would advise you check the auto-off settings. To do this, press and hold Alarm Setup (Menu) until -SETUP MENU- appears on the system, then press the Tune/MP3 > button repeatedly until -AUTO OFF- appears. Press the Time + or – buttons to select YES or NO, then press the Alarm Setup (Menu) button or wait 10 seconds to exit menu.

As a last note, it may be possible that the system was left in Demo mode if this would bought from a store directly. To check this, press and hold the Alarm Setup button until -SETUP MENU- appears in the display again, then press and hold the Preset 1 button until -DEMO SETUP- appears in the display. Press the Tune > button once. DEMO MODE – ON appears, and press the Time + button once to change ON to OFF. To finish, press the Alarm Setup button to exit Demo Mode setup.

Please get back to me to let me know how you get on!

Liam W

jayeshkumar1976
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 16, 2017

Thank you Liam. I have tried all the options you provided, but the result is the same. The issue is that the power comes on for a few seconds at times when I unplug and plug it into the power source and then again shuts down. Sometime, it runs without issue for almost a day or even more which makes me wonder what could be the issue?. Is there a specific Voltage required or would it usually work in the 110 to 120 V range? Also, would Bose have any suggestions on step down to be used for music systems and is there any other way to get the power input changed to match India power specs?

Hi again @jayeshkumar1976.

The power rating for US versions of the Wave SoundTouch systems are 120 V, at 50/60Hz.

I am aware that in India the standard voltage is 230 V and the frequency is 50 Hz. If possible, are you able to try this with another converter? While we cannot recommend any specific one, if you are able to borrow one or purchase one and return this if needed, do you have the same issues?

I hope to hear from you.

Liam W