Suresh Periyasamy
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2020

When YouTube will be played on sound bar 700

I recently bought Bose 700 and try to play the music then google assistant tries to play with YouTube and returns a message saying that Bose 700 not supporting to play YouTube songs 

when this will be fixed ??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: When YouTube will be played on sound bar 700

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi Suresh Periyasamy,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I would be happy to help with this.

You are correct, it is not currently possible to play YouTube music on the Soundbar 700 but I will pass this along as a feature request, so our design team knows this is something you would be interested in going forward.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Keith_L
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Keith_L

Hi Suresh Periyasamy,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I would be happy to help with this.

You are correct, it is not currently possible to play YouTube music on the Soundbar 700 but I will pass this along as a feature request, so our design team knows this is something you would be interested in going forward.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

Rmuppalla
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2020

Re: When YouTube Music will be played on sound bar 700

I bought a Bose 700 sound bar and it says that it doesn't support any music services fro Google Assistant. That doesn't make sense. The Sound bar's purpose is to play music but it doesn't support basic apps like you tube. Very disappointing.

Is Bose working on fixing this or filing a bankruptcy.

croelabs
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

Will youtube music ever be available thru google assistant?? I bought my speaker in Dec 2019 and I'm still waiting to be able to use youtube music on my speaker without bluetooth.

Ashamock
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 6, 2020

Same issue here ...

Will have to return the product ...

Won't be grouped into speaker groups with Google won't be able to play yt music....

This is a pointless device.( Smart portable speaker)

pemell
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 28, 2020

It's madness that Youtube Music is not an option on a Google Assistant supported smart speaker.

Who of the executives is holding this back? It feels like a personal decision from someone at Bose and that sucks for a lot of people.

Allthingspossible
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2020

Well, my bad for not researching this subtlety before buying. I really assumed that being Google ready would also imply YouTube music ready. Now I have to think through whether to return it. I really wanted to play Youtube Music. Very Disappointed...

Dajagfather
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 2, 2021

I am wondering if this has actually been considered by the bose team? It has been almost two years. It's a pretty simple OTA update that can be done right now. **bleep** are you waiting for?

cyrill.schneider.35@facebook.com
Participant
Registered since

Feb 13, 2021

Any news on the YouTube feature?

Kerlos
Participant
Registered since

Feb 26, 2021

Been waiting almost 2 years for a fix, please can you fix a basic function like this?