JEH1954
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Where is best place to position Home Speaker 500

I have Home speaker 500 (also 300 and portable speaker). Where is the best place to put the speaker for best sound?  Corner of room?  Against an empty wall halfway between corners?  On a coffee table or island in middle of room?  Advice appreciated in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
Vicky_W

Re: Where is best place to position Home Speaker 500

Hello JEH1954, 

Thanks for choosing Bose and welcome to the Community! 

For the best performance from your new Home Speaker 500, follow these recommendations when placing the speaker:

• Don't place the speaker on top of audio/video equipment (receivers, TVs, etc.), or any other object that may generate heat. Heat generated by these items may result in poor speaker performance.
  • Don't place any objects on top of the speaker or in front of the speaker.
  • To avoid interference, keep other wireless equipment 1 – 3 ft. (0.3 – 0.9 m) away from the speaker. Place the speaker outside and away from metal cabinets and direct heat sources.
  • Place the speaker on its rubber base on a stable and level surface.
  • Make sure there is an AC (mains) outlet nearby.

I hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
JEH1954
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Thank you for your reply.  it was helpful.  But it did not respond to my question.  Perhaps my question wasn't clear enough.   I am interested in maximizing acoustics.  Are the speakers best placed in a corner?  In the middle of a room such as on a coffee table?  Against a wall in between corners?

Your points about staying away from heat, other wireless equipment etc. are useful but unrelated to my question.

Liam_G

Thank you for clarifying your question, 

The Home Speaker 500's drivers are positioned facing outwards to the left and right sides of the speaker. You could position the speaker in the centre of the room to push audio outwards, filling the room with sound. Or have them in the corners, placed sideways so that one side of the speaker is pushing the audio toward the wall to bounce back into the room, while the other side faces the room pushing audio directly outward. 

I hope this makes sense, but primarily, I would recommend testing the speaker in multiple positions to find the sweet spot in your room as acoustics can very depending on room side, the amount of furniture placed within the room etc. 

I hope this helps! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!