Rajat1988
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 13, 2017

Which one is best in terms of sound only,out of these three speakers???

Hello Team

I am looking forward to buy one new speaker for my bed room for private listening.I am confused among these three- "Bose Companion 20,Bose Soundtouch 10 and Bose Home speaker 300".I do not care about any other functionality except good Sound. 

So,can you please tell me which one is best amongst these three in terms of only SOUND?

Regards

Rajat Goel

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Which one is best in terms of sound only,out of these three speakers???

Hello Rajat1988,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community Forums!

We're excited to hear that you're interested in purchasing a new Bose speaker for your home and would be glad to provide you some additional information. We don't publish exact speaker specifications in terms of audio performance, as everyone's own perception of sound can be slightly different. Additionally, there is a magnitude of variable factors that may come into play - things like room layout and physical setting may affect how the sound is heard.

Each speaker system that you've mentioned have their own features and functions. The Companion 20 is the only out of the three that feature two independent speakers for the left and right audio channels. The only types of audio that you can input into the Companion 20, however, is that from a 3.5 mm auxiliary line as this system is predominantly designed and tailored to be used in conjunction with a computer. Additional information on this system can be found HERE.

If you're looking to wirelessly stream audio to the speaker via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, you may find the SoundTouch 10 or Home Speaker 300 more tailored for your needs. Both speakers have their own correlating application for your mobile phone or tablet, the SoundTouch 10 speaker uses the SoundTouch app, whereas the Home Speaker 300 uses the Bose Music application. This enables the speakers to be grouped together with, and form a wireless playback group, for the speakers. You can, however, only group SoundTouch speaker with other SoundTouch speakers, or vice-versa with Home Speaker's grouped to other Home Speakers or other supported Smart Home Speakers within the Bose Music app - these systems cannot be swapped and changed between each other (example, SoundTouch 10 grouped with a Home Speaker 300).

Additional information on the Home Speaker 300 can be found HERE, while additional information on our SoundTouch 10 speaker can be found HERE.

Please do let us know if you have any additional questions!

Kindest,

Andy B - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.