Henrynam00
Participant
Registered since

Mar 25, 2021

Wish I could set the Maximum Volume for my speaker

Before creating a new topic, please search the Community to avoid creating duplicate threads. If you are posting about a problem, the more of the below details you can include (if applicable) the easier it will be for others to try and help. Go to https://bose.life/2K1GbJl for a helpful post on how to find relevant information, including your firmware and app version information!

Bose product name

Bose Home Speaker 300

Country

South Korea

Firmware Version

7.0.11-2327+b43665d

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)
Chrome on Windows10, iPhone X on iOS14.4.1

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

1)Using BUGS(벅스,korean music streaming service) on iPhone X, after connecting to Bose Home Speaker 300 through DLNA connection, whenever I tried to change the volume it suddenly went to maximum volume which Ii thought I was losing my ears

2)Now I moved on to Spotify. Since only Web Player is available on PC in South Korea right now, so i don't know if it's the same with the PC app, but when I try to change the volume on PC, it suddenly gets up to largest volume. it surprises me everytime though I knew it. Also, when I first connect to speaker through my phone and turn on pc web player, the volume displaying is different with actual volume.

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

My room

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

It's always been the same ever since i started using bose home speaker300

Any troubleshooting steps you took

Resetting Devices

SUGGESTION

My suggestion is just to make an maximum volume option in Bose Music app for the Speaker!
Just like what iPhone does have.(https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/adjust-the-volume-iphb71f9b54d/ios)

If i could choose maximum volume level for my speaker, none of these suprising-actually annoying- problems would happen.

I think it could be easily done with software update, i guess.