Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 29, 2019

YouTube Music

Hi, 

Now that Android 10 Ships with Youtube music as default music streaming app, is there any way the bose could add it to the streaming services which it offers. I have been using Youtube premium for more than 2 years and It is very difficult for me to switch. 

Do you have any update if this is something that Bose is working on? 

Thanks,

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 5, 2019

Re: YouTube Music

I would also like to know if there are plans for Youtube music support. 

Thanks. 

Highlighted

Hello deagle311, 

Thank you for your question to the Bose Community. 

I can confirm we have no information at this time regarding YouTube music coming to Bose Music as a supported service. For now, you can continue to use Bluetooth/Airplay 2 as an alternative method to listen to your music through your Bose smart speaker. 

Any information regarding new service support will be added to the Bose Community first so please keep an eye out on the News and Announcements page.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to continue the discussion. 

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 31, 2019

Hi

i don’t understand why I can’t use YouTube direct to my st 300

and your answer “you can continue to use Bluetooth/Airplay 2 as an alternative method to listen to your music through your Bose smart speaker. ”

you force me to use deezer  and Spotify premium edition witch just cost money

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Maybe if Bluetooth worked properly. 

I've tried multiple devices, multiple factory resets, multiple apps. Bluetooth works for 20 minutes then cuts in and out. They only way to reconnect is to unplug and wait. Sometimes that doesn't work then I factory reset. Works again for 20 minutes or do and then the same issues.

Also, how can you say you support Google assistant but don't support a single google streaming service... We purchased this speaker when Google assistant was first announced. What a disappointment when you can't do anything with it because you don't support it. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 29, 2016

Bose, please just add the support for the YouTube Music service to SoundTouch and the Bose Music app. I would also like to use it.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 12, 2020

Me too

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

Why can't Bose add YouTube as one of the Streaming options in the Music app?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 2, 2020

I would also like to see YouTube Music supported. Of course YouTube Music is owned by Google, which makes it work so well with Google Assistant. Our family also subscribes to a YouTube Premium Family account which provides unlimited, commercial free videos on YouTube and unlimited music on YouTube Music. However we are imbedded in the Google ecosystem with our Gmail accounts, Android smartphones, etc. So for us it makes sense.

We hope that Bose supports YouTube Music sometime in the near future.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 17, 2020

Bose - please add YT Music - I got your speaker because it had Google Assistant and thought it would be great to play my music without jumping through the same hoops I have to with any other much cheaper bluetooth speaker.  How disappointing that Google's Play Music and now Youtube music can't be used.  May as well of continued to use my BT speaker.  Why is this a problem getting them added?