Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2020

adding wireless speakers to a smart home system

I am in the process of installing a Control4 system and I want to add some Bose  wireless speakers.  

I think I need to get a Soundtouch wireless link adapter and install drivers to connect to Control4 but what speakers are compatible?  Am I limited to the speakers in the Soundtouch range or any Bose speaker? (for instance I was thinking of getting the Bose portable smart speaker for the patio).

thanks!  

Adam

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: adding wireless speakers to a smart home system

Hello brightonseagull, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

It is exciting that you would like to turn your home into a smart home. The SoundTouch link adapter works to turn a non-Bose speaker into a SoundTouch speaker. This means that you can play music wirelessly via your phone. The Bose Smart Home range is not compatible with SoundTouch, so you would be unable to link the two together. I am unable to see any confirmation that SoundTouch is compatible with Control 4, so I would recommend asking them to confirm this as it is not something I have worked with before. 

Just to confirm, do you already have speakers that you would like to make wireless or are you looking to buy new speakers?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 20, 2020

Thank-you!  

I am having a control4 system installed and wanted to get a speaker for the patio to link it into the system.  I found https://janustechnology.co.uk/products/drivers/manufacturer/bose/bose-soundtouch-driver-for-control4... which makes me think I can integrate a Bose speaker into the system.

So just to clarify I can integrate a non-Bose speaker into the Bose Soundtouch link but not a speaker from the Bose smart home range? That seems odd?!

thanks for your help!

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I can confirm that a non-Bose speaker can be connected to a SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter to integrate SoundTouch support. You can learn more about the SoundTouch Wireless Link adapter here

The Bose Smart Speaker range, e.g, Home Speaker 300, 450, 500, Soundbar 500 and 700 are of a new product family built under an entirely new software infrastructure so they are incompatible with our SoundTouch line. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!