Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 28, 2020

bose 700 is the WORST THING IN THE WORLD red light won't turn off and speaker won't connect to tv

The bose 700 has ripped off my money and my time. The speaker will not longer connect to my television, the red light mic light will not turn off. It worked fine for one month, but I had to replace my wifi system and now it refuses to work with my television. It is the biggest time waste ever. All the cables are connected, I have rebooted and reconnected and still it will not re-establish a connection to my tv. IT is a horrible product. I was stupid enough to buy the sub-woofer and surround speakers (which are wireless, but have THE BIGGEST POWER SUPPLY PLUGS YOU WILL EVER SEE) IT is complete garbage--I spent thousands of dollars for a big headache and mediocre sound. NEVER BUY BOSE ......I am stuck with the crap. The service people told me I need an optic cable, even though the community and my PRO bose installer tell me that HDMI, which I have, is best. I am infuriated by this product.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Expert
Registered since

Nov 12, 2015

Re: bose 700 is the WORST THING IN THE WORLD red light won't turn off and speaker won't connect to t

Things to try:

Factory reset speaker

Reset your router

Set your router to dual band

Re join your to to your router

Sign out then sign back in of your Apple Music account.

Turn on CEC on all your connected device

Connect via your TV using ARC port

Ensure you TV AudiI out is selected to HDMI.

Your issue amounts to troubleshooting and setup reeled to your new wifi setup. There is likely nothing wrong with your speaker.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 28, 2020

Re: bose 700 is the WORST THING IN THE WORLD red light won't turn off and speaker won't connect to t

Thanks for the response. I did all EIGHT steps, rebooted everything, and finally a miracle I got it synced to the television again. It took over four hours, and full confession, the installer even came back, to get the stupid sound bar to work. For two decades, I had a receiver and surround, it always worked. I "upgraded" now I just manage apps, wifi, and logins. I need my phone to adjust audio. It is a horrible user experience, and the sound, is really meh!

BOSE doesn't seem to be allowing any more reviews on the 700 soundbar. I was so excited to get this system and it is a persistent headache. I am too heavily invested to leave BOSE, I feel bamboozled