Suresh_a
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 30, 2021

bose bass module 500 is not performing as expected when connected to bose TV speaker

Bose product name 

- Bose bass module 500

Firmware Version - original version

App Version - original version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (- it is connected with Bose TV speaker

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

- I have Bose TV speaker already and it is working fine. I have bought Bose bass module 500 a week ago and I was expecting theater quality or thunderous bass from the bass module 500 but the bass from bass module 500 is just 5% to 10% better than Bose TV speaker. Light on bass module 500 is solid white , so I am sure there are no connection issues. I do not know why bass module is underperforming. In this regard, I have a few questions.

1) How can I increase/decrease bass level in Bass module 500? Please note that I have only bass TV speaker and I am connecting using 3.5mm jack.

2) Bose provided 3.5mm jack is not available in my region. So any 3.5mm jack would be fine? or gold quoted 3.5mm jack I need to prefer?

3) What I have to do to get theater like or thunderous bass?

What environment do you experience the issue in?  - quite and medium room.

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? 

- from day one.

Any troubleshooting steps you took

- played high quality movies/songs by bluetooth and ARC through Bose TV speaker

As a Bose fanboy, I am much disappointed. Any help in this regard is highly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: bose bass module 500 is not performing as expected when connected to bose TV speaker

Author Accepted Answer selected by Suresh_a

Hey Suresh,

Sorry to hear that you are not impressed by the bass response in your set up. 

If you follow THIS LINK, you will find the appropriate troubleshooting methods in order to test and increase the bass response. 

By the white LED, we can confirm that your Bass Module 500 is connected. Any 3.5mm - 3.5mm will be acceptable in order to connect the two products. 

Do try the above troubleshooting and let us know if you see any improvements. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Suresh_a
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 30, 2021

Re: bose bass module 500 is not performing as expected when connected to bose TV speaker

I have Bose TV speaker. I used to increase bass using remote as per the instructions in the manual and its all well and good.

Now, the issue is - I have bought Bass module 500 a week ago. When BM500 is connected to Bose TV speaker,  I tried to increase bass from Bose TV speaker but when I click on bass button on remote, two lights blink and immediately when I click on '+' symbol, nothing happens on Bose TV speaker, the lights do not blink,  even I do not observe any increase in bass. Both the manuals for Bose TV Speaker and BM500 doesn't explain such scenario.

My question is, when BM500 is connected to Bose Tv speaker, increasing/reducing bass using remote can be done or not?

Tegan_M

Author Accepted Answer selected by Suresh_a

Hey Suresh,

Sorry to hear that you are not impressed by the bass response in your set up. 

If you follow THIS LINK, you will find the appropriate troubleshooting methods in order to test and increase the bass response. 

By the white LED, we can confirm that your Bass Module 500 is connected. Any 3.5mm - 3.5mm will be acceptable in order to connect the two products. 

Do try the above troubleshooting and let us know if you see any improvements. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

Suresh_a
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 30, 2021

Thank you for the reply.

I have figured out that when  I was trying to increase bass further, bass was already in +2 level. that's why it is not responding whenever i click on +. so I reduced bass and increased bass on BM500 using TV remote and it worked perfectly.

regarding my concern about less bass from BM500, my room size is 20 feet x 16 feet which i think is bigger for the BM500 size!