Highlighted
QUIXELO2010
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

bose companion 5 is no longer working

hey guys i have a bose companion 5 but it has stopped working i have a windows 10 64 bit i have done it all and it does not work the volume pod turns on all the red orange and green lights the system recognizes it and says it is working normally only on Truth makes no sound I would like some help from the forum staff I will be waiting for an answer thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: bose companion 5 is no longer working

Hello QUIXELO2010,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having some audio issues with your Companion 5 speaker. 

Could you please confirm that you do not have anything plugged in the headphones jack? The speakers are automatically muted when headphones or any cable with an 1/8-inch stereo plug are connected to the system.

Have you tried playing audio from different sources? Please check the application volume level. The application volume should be set to a maximum level. Set the output to 5.1 or 6 channel mode, if available.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
QUIXELO2010
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

hello thank you very much for your attention about having something connected to the volume pod I checked and it is not even because the indicator light is green I put a headphone jack on the bose pod output and audio came out but for the speakers it goes on  I tried it on Windows 7 and the problem persists I ask for more help and thanks

Highlighted
QUIXELO2010
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

olá, quando eu ligar e desligar a fonte de alimentação do dispositivo acústico caixas de fazer um pouco de barulho

Highlighted

Hello QUIXELO2010,

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

When you connect the USB to your computer, and you press on the control pod, what color does the pod stay? Is it a solid green? or solid yellow? 

Further to this, have you tried to connect using an alternative USB cable? These are non-proprietary, so you can use any similar cable and it should work. They are commonly found with printers, so if you have a spare one laying around, please give that a try and let us know how you get on. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
QUIXELO2010
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

muito obrigado pela atenção eu já fiz esse procedimento e não funcionou bose companion 5 ainda não funciona

Highlighted
QUIXELO2010
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

thank you very much for the attention I already did this procedure and it did not work bose companion 5 still does not work

hello the pod color turns green

Highlighted

Hello QUIXELO2010, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

If the issue continues to persist, I would recommend reaching out to local support to seek a replacement control pod. Details can be found here. Choose your country, then go to the contact page for more information. 

Please let us know if this helps resolve the issue. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G 

Highlighted
QUIXELO2010
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Oct 31, 2019

is it really the problem is in the pod because it connects a hunger by ear it works normally the staff here at bose authorized service bose brazil will indicate to do a test with a p2 cable p2 plugs into the pod and on a cellphone then increases the volume to see if there will be any changes I have not done this procedure because I am without this cable p2 p2