Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

bose home speaker 300 blinking amber light all buttons are not working except mute button

hi!! i have a problem with my new bose home speaker 300..i cannot access to bluetooth because bluetooth button not working..only mute button are working..i cannot do update because buttons are not working for service mode what will i do?it shows continuous flashing white light..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: bose home speaker 300 blinking amber light all buttons are not working except mute button

Author Accepted Answer selected by gummybear01

Hi Gummybear01, 

I'm sorry this was unsuccessful for you.

I have included the LINK HERE for support in Australia. I would recommend getting in touch with them to see what they can do for you. 

If there is anything else I can do, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: bose home speaker 300 blinking amber light all buttons are not working except mute button

Hello Gummybear01,

Welcome to the community, thanks for reaching out. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this experience with your new Home Speaker 300, i'd love to assist you with this. 

Firstly, can you please inform me on if you have successfully been able to set your speaker through the Bose Music app? 

Can you also attempt to perform a manual system update of your speaker by the instructions provided in this link. 

Do let us know, I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

i not yet connected to bose music apps..i tried but it cannot find my speaker.. also regarding manual update i cant do manual update because in service mode you need to press volume+- right? i cant i cant because all button in my speaker are not function except mute button..whats the meaning of blinking white light in my speaker? is it trying to connecting to my bluetooth? i think it stuck in connecting to my paired device..i

Hi gummybear01, 

Thanks for confirming this information. 

Were you able to attempt the manual update? It would just be interesting to see whether your system is able to respond. 

The white pulsing LED would indicate that your speaker is looking for a WiFi system, this will need to be set up to use the functions of your device. 

Can you please begin to reset your speaker by disconnecting from power for 30 seconds then reconnecting. And attempt to begin the set up process of your product. If this is not successful, at what point does the set up fail? What error messages do you receive?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

hello i follow step for manually updating speaker..i connect my usb cable to my laptop,download the file ..reboot my speaker by disconnecting mthe power cord for 30 sec..only the problem is when i press the volume -+ for 5 sec nothing happens..like its not go service mode..and when i click the link http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html..its showing that no data received..

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

how to begin set up process? i tried already disconnecting power cable for 30 sec..the i go to bose music app.when searching it cannot find my speaker..

Highlighted

Hi Gummybear01, 

Thank you for trying those steps. I'm sorry to hear that they were unsuccessful. 

I suggest restoring the factory defaults. I have included a LINK HERE to assist you with how to do this.

Let me know if this helps!

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

still not working...is there àny service center of bose in brisbane?

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by gummybear01

Hi Gummybear01, 

I'm sorry this was unsuccessful for you.

I have included the LINK HERE for support in Australia. I would recommend getting in touch with them to see what they can do for you. 

If there is anything else I can do, please reach out to us again! 

Kindest, 

Jessie O 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

wheres the link,?