Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

bose sound bar 700 gives red light does not operate

Sir, i am using bose 700 with acumass and 2 wireless speaker. This is connected to MI TV with hdmi arc.

Yesterday i started behaving eratically. On making the soundbar on it starts showing white light which moves from left to right and then after 2 mins it changes to big 2cm red colour. 
The sound bar does not pair with remote, mobile app (android) and with router. i have tried many things but nothing works. Is the soundbar faulty ? does it needs repairs ? pls suggest

4 REPLIES 4
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Re: bose sound bar 700 gives red light does not operate

I have exactly the same problem!!!!

Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Light bar scrolls white from left to right for a while, then remains red
When the light bar on the front of your product glows white and moves from left to right, your product is trying to update. However, if your product does this as soon as you plug it and continues for a period of time before glowing red, try the following:
Reset your product.
Much like rebooting a smartphone, your product might need to be reset on occasion to correct minor issues. 
Try a system recovery:
Note: System settings may be lost during this process. Try these steps only if your system has become unresponsive and exhibits the light pattern described.
  1. Unplug power from your product for 10 seconds, then reconnect it
  2. Within 10 seconds of the lightbar scrolling white, begin alternately pressing the Assistant button, then the Microphone button
    Tip: Do not rapidly alternate button presses; instead, wait one second between presses.
  3. Continue alternating button presses for 30 seconds
  4. After 30 seconds, stop the button presses and wait up to 20 minutes for your product to update and return to normal operation
  5. Open the Bose music app, then try to add the product to your account and control it.
Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Also if you can plug an Ethernet cable direct from router to soundbar, as the likely hood is it won’t work over WiFi!!!

Participant
Registered since

May 14, 2020

Sir, 

I have noted all details cautiously. After plugging the  soundbar 700  as the white light started moving from left to right as told by you i have pressed the microphone and assistance button with 1 second gap, i had also connected my wifi extender with wired (RJ45 connection) to soundbar. Thus i heard a small çhick sound once i pressed alternate keys for 30 odd seconds. This time the big red light did not glow as it used to happen earlier, but then the white light continues to move from left to right. I had now left pressing alternate keys and waited for soundbar to take the update. But it went on and on and the white light continued. Thus after an hour i closed the system once again. 

pls guide me what do i do now.

regards

alok