rose edwina
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 9, 2019

bose soundtouch 10 : will not play through pc via wifi

I just want to play the music that I have on my pc ( Win 10). Is it possible that until Microsoft update their sounds app I can only play music that I purchase from itunes, spotify etc ?

Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: bose soundtouch 10 : will not play through pc via wifi

Hi there Rose, thank you for your recent post and welcome to the Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the inability to play music through Wi-Fi here and would be happy to look into this for you.

If your music is stored on an iTunes or Windows media library in supported formats, you would normally be able to handle this from the SoundTouch app. If this is not the case, lets look into this a little further for you!

Firstly, are you still able to play all your audio to the speaker through Bluetooth or AUX directly? If not, please let me know.

Following this, can I ask what sort of file format you have your music library saved as? For example, are these .MP3 files, .MP4 files, or .Wav files?

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Liam W - Community Support

rose edwina
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 9, 2019

I have cd's stored on pc . win 10.  PC has downloaded Bose app but won't play through Bose 10 either with or without ethernet or usb. It will play wifi from phone. I don't have any music on my phone - it plays the radio, but probably not LW, so of little interest. Sadly.

Hi there Rose!

I'm sorry to hear this. You cannot play audio to the SoundTouch 10 via Ethernet or USB cable directly. 

You can play to the SoundTouch 10 via AUX, Bluetooth, or Wi-Fi. AUX and Bluetooth will play all audio from the original source to the speaker where possible. I would suggest you check if your computer has access to Bluetooth or AUX, and directly connect to the speaker that way!

On Wi-Fi, you can play audio through the SoundTouch app using the music services available there. You can also setup a music library there from a Windows Media library or from an iTunes library. If you are able to burn your CD's onto a Windows media library, you would be able to play to your SoundTouch 10 through Wi-Fi.

It should be noted that the SoundTouch 10 is not specifically designed to play CD audio. If you're interested in a system that is designed with this sort of audio in mind, I would recommend that you check out our Wave Music Systems, (SoundTouch and Not SoundTouch compatible).

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or updates at all 😊.

Liam W