Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2020

bose wireless link adaptor - play music from wired speakers?

This is not meant to be a silly question. I own a Bose Lifestyle 48 system. All the speakers are hard-wired. I am thinking about purchasing a soundtouch wireless link adapter. I also have two linked "zones" that I use a Personal Music Center II remote to play.

Here are my questions:

1) Will the device all me access music stored on my system via the soundtouch app?

2) I do not have any bluetooth speakers. Will the adapter allow me to use the soundtouch app to access and play my stored music library on my hard-wired speakers?

3) can use the adapter and the app to play music through to my two linked zones described above?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: bose wireless link adaptor - play music from wired speakers?

Hi swolf76,

Thank you for posting, I would be happy to help with these questions for you.

You would not be able to access music stored on your Lifestyle using the SoundTouch app. The SoundTouch app is only able to access music libraries stored on a computer or NAS drive. You can find more information on how this works HERE.

The Wireless Link Adapter, is designed to allow you to make non-SoundTouch speakers, SoundTouch compatible. This allows you to either stream music wirelessly into your speaker via the SoundTouch app, or send the audio from your Lifestyle to other SoundTouch speakers.

How this would work with your Lifestyle, is you would add the Wireless Link Adapter as an external audio input device. This would allow for streaming to your Lifestyle from the SoundTouch app, via Bluetooth or the Wi-Fi network.

The other way it can be used is you could connect the Wireless Link Adapter to an audio output on your Lifestyle, and send the audio information to other SoundTouch speakers on your Wi-Fi network. This would send whatever audio the Lifestyle is playing to other SoundTouch speakers as well over your Wi-Fi network. 

You would not be able to control the Lifestyle via the app, only the Wireless Link Adapter as a separate device. As that app control of your lifestyle seems to be the main desire behind your post, it does not sound like this will allow you to do what you are after in your setup.

I hope this helps clarify things for you. If you have any further questions, let me know.

Kind Regards,

Keith L - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!