Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 2, 2020

built in chromecast support

ios users can use airplay to play audio,but android users can't. google chromecast can do similar things. Please ask software developers  if there is any possible that they can add this feature in the future. thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 4, 2020

Re: built in chromecast support

Agreed. Though not sure it's something that will happen quickly. Would be nice to be able to cast from my phone for other services not compatible like YouTube music. also the deezer tab in Bose home app is pretty sparse so would be easier to just cast it straight from the application on phone. This way Bose doesn't have to update the UI on some of these services

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Bose like many other requests will reply "I will pass the request to technical support and let you know if there will be updates" from that point it will be absolute oxen
There are trivial but indispensable and uncomplicated requests like this that have been abandoned for years now

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 17, 2020

I also replied in another topic about this subject. I hope Bose will start supporting chromecast like many other brands.

I fully agree with the request to have chromecast built-in available in the Bose Home speakers. I bought the Bose Home speaker 300 and 500 and I honestly believe they are almost useless since I cannot integrate them in my Google Home environment whereby I can connect them to my Google Nest hub for example or cast music from my phone. Since there is no chromecast built-in I cannot connect the speakers to a homegroup either. More and more brands offer speakers with built-in chromecast. I hope Bose will provide an update too because this is expected by consumers within a smart home.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2020

Sorry to say, This is the cherry on the top. Like many other users of the Bose products,

I have decided to purchase from Alternative suppliers.

This mainly due to the poor Software features and connectivity.

In addition the repeated problems after updates have finally driven me to make the decision.

Super Sound, but sadly lacking in the Support side..