Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

how to change wifi on bose soundbar 700 without remote?

Hi,

Is there a way to establish a new connection to a another WiFi network without the remote control? Maybe by way of Bose music app or computer?

I recently change my ISP provider and after they setup all internet and router/WiFi I need to transfer my Bose soundbar 700 to that new network/WiFi. However, my remotely control stop working or no power at all about 2 months after I bought my soundbar. I tried changing the battery but still no power at all.

I was hoping there was a menu if Bose music app for connecting new WiFi but it seems that it's only for connecting a Bluetooth. I hope this will be added soon in the music app.

Thanks,

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: how to change wifi on bose soundbar 700 without remote?

Hey @christoval

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community!

There is not a way to switch the network on the soundbar without a remote unless an ethernet cable is plugged in. To change the Wi-Fi, you need to put the soundbar into setup mode which can only be done through a button combination on the remote.

Let's see if we can get your remote working again. Do you see any lights illuminate at all?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 28, 2020

Hi @Charlotte_G 

Thank you for your reply.

No my remote is no longer working or no power/light at all. The last time I used it before it died is that it shows the light start to turn off and whatever button I push does now work. So I tried removing the battery and put it back again and turn on the remote again and it only works for 3 to 5 seconds and then died. So, I thought at first the battery needs to be change with a new one but unfortunately, even I already change the battery, still there is no power or light anymore. I think the remote has factory defects from the start.

Is there a warranty in the remote?

Again, thank you for your reply.

Best Regards,

Chris

Highlighted

@christoval, thanks for getting back to us. I am sorry to hear that your remote is not working at all. It seems all of the troubleshooting has been exhausted. I am sure our customer service team here will be able to help you to source a new remote. 

I am sorry that we cannot help more via the forums!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.