azhr1315
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 19, 2019

hs 500 spotify presets not working

Greetings,

I've purchased a home speaker 500 and set the six presets as my spotify playlists in the bose music app.

However, when I press the buttons on the speaker, it won't switch to the corresponding playlist but keep playing the current song. Sometimes it shows up the spotify logo and keep loading without playing songs. I've went back to the retailer and have reset the speaker and tried different wifi but still the same. They offered a replacement but still the same. Wonder if some firmware glitches were out there.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: hs 500 spotify presets not working

Hello azhr1315,

Welcome to the Bose Community, thanks for taking the time to post. 

I am very sorry to hear you are having issues with your Home Speaker 500 and Spotify playlist presets. This is very unusual and should not be the case.

Can you please confirm: 

- Do the presets work if you attempt to select them within the Bose Music app? 

- Are you able to store presets from other services, such as TuneIn, and recall them via the preset buttons on the speaker? 

- Have you tried factory resetting the speaker and setting it up as fresh? If not, please try this. To reset the speaker, please visit this page.

- Have you tried signing out of your Spotify account and back in? If not, please try this. 

I'll look forward to hearing from you, and in the meantime, if anyone else is having similar issues, please feel free to join in the conversation!

Kind regards,

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.