Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2021

iHeartradio Artist Stations - Bose 500

Bose product name Homespeaker 500

Country USA

Firmware Version Latest

App Version Lastest

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on Bose Homespeaker 500

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce iHeartradio can play local stations, but freezes up when trying to play any artist or non-local stations.

What environment do you experience the issue in? Everywhere

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? Started about a week or two ago. 

Any troubleshooting steps you took Factory reset. Unlink and relinked accounts. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nelhenry
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2021

Re: iHeartradio Artist Stations - Bose 500

Author Accepted Answer selected by nelhenry

Unlinked all accounts again, including Alexa skills, factory reset speaker. Rebooted router, Wi-Fi. Waited 30 minutes. Then reconnected everything again and it is back to working as normal. What a pain. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Sam_F

Hey nelhenry,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.  I'm sorry to learn you're encountering some difficulty with iHeartRadio, but I'd be happy to advise.

Does this issue only occur on the iHeartRadio service, or have you encountered any issues with freezing whilst streaming through other services? Immediately my recommendation would be to perform a power cycle by disconnecting the system from power for two minutes and rebooting your Wi-Fi router by also disconnecting this from power for two minutes. This should help clear any network issues that may be underlying.

Would you also be able to list the particular stations that aren't working for you, so I can look into this further to see if we have any reports of issues?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
nelhenry
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2021

No. All other services work. Amazon music. Tunein. iHeartradio local stations such as our local NPR station. 

I have power cycled, rebooted my router, factory restored the device. 

Any Artist Radio station on iHeartradio (we primarily use it for our toddler, so "Seasame Street" "Raffi" etc) no longer works on Bose. I have also checked and verified that iHeartradio Artist Radio stations work on my iPhone, streaming on my laptop, etc. 

Jessie_O

Hey nelhenry, 

Thank you for coming back to us! 

Have you tried removing the iHeart Radio source and then re-adding it? You can do this in the settings menu under music services. 

Let me know how you get on! 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
nelhenry
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2021

Yes. I have unlinked and relinked all accounts. 

Jeff_G

That's very unusual. 

Can you please head over to the Bose Music app, choose the speaker then go to the Technical Info page to check the signal quality of the speaker? What is the current status? 

nelhenry
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2021

It is “Great (-54”

I would not expect it to be a connection issue as Airplay streaming, Amazon music work great. Even iheartradio local stations work instantly. Iheartradio artist stations just hang. On further testing I’ve found Pandora has the same issue. 

nelhenry
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 14, 2021

Author Accepted Answer selected by nelhenry

Unlinked all accounts again, including Alexa skills, factory reset speaker. Rebooted router, Wi-Fi. Waited 30 minutes. Then reconnected everything again and it is back to working as normal. What a pain. 

View solution in original post