Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 18, 2019

presets on home speaker 500

I can not set any presets , when I press and hold a preset on the app it says "sorry , this is not presetable " . How can a preset not be presetable ???????? any help greatly appreciated . 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: presets on home speaker 500

Hello Steve836,

Thank you for your comment, Welcome to the community!

I am very sorry to hear you're having troubles with setting presets onto your Home Speaker 500.

Does this occur with any channel you attempt to place as a preset or is it one source in particular?

Also are you trying to set presets through the Bose Music App or via the device its self?

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 18, 2019

It is with any preset number and I have tried on the unit itself and via the app,  trying to store a internet radio channel off tune in 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 27, 2019

I would recommend you turn off the product and unplug it for 30 seconds.

When the power is reconnected, a tone should be heard from the product which indicates that the reset is complete.

This should help correct the speakers been unresponsive when pressing on the buttons. 

Before you try setting the presets, I would recommend signing in and out of your bose account.

Test and let us know how you get on.

Kind regards

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 18, 2019

Nope still can't set presets in the UK 

Highlighted

Hi Steve836,

Sorry to hear that this did not fix your problem.

Could you please factory reset your Home Speaker 500? Firstly, you will need to remove the speaker from your Bose Music account. Then simultaneously press and hold the Volume - and AUX buttons for 10 seconds. The system will reboot into setup mode and then you should proceed to set the speaker up again.

Let me know if this solves your presets issue.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.