Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

sound crackling when volume hit above 60%

I had tried all reset and reinstalled at my phone,tv and soundbar.Only 45days used it.

Are the firmware problem or hardware issue?i had send some video to bose official at messenger. 
Please reply me asap

thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: sound crackling when volume hit above 60%

Hello CYCHAN, 

Thank you for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having sound crackling issues with your soundbar. To enable us to assist you further, can you please confirm which soundbar it is you have? 

I'll look forward to your reply.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Hey,

Soundbar 700.i had reset the soundbar and the issue still persist.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello CYCHAN,

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to hear that you are having difficulty e with your Soundbar 700 crackling. It's great that you have already tried resetting the soundbar, it's a shame this has not helped. We can try updating the firmware, please follow the steps below:

On a computer, open an internet browser and go to worldwide.bose.com/support/SB700FW

1. When prompted, save the product_update.zip file. (Tip: If the prompt does not appear, the file may have downloaded automatically. Look for file in a browser notification or in the Downloads folder)
  2. Connect a USB A-to-Micro USB cable from a computer to the SERVICE jack on the back of your product
  3. Reboot your product by disconnecting the power cord for 30 seconds:
    • While rebooting, the light bar on the front of the product pulses white
    • Once rebooted, the light bar turns off
  4. On the remote, simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth and Skip Back buttons for 5 seconds: The light bar on the soundbar glows white, then turns off when you release the buttons
  5. In a web browser, go to http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html
  6. Select Choose File, and select the update file downloaded earlier
  7. Click UPLOAD, then wait while the update is installed

I hope this helps, please let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Hey Joe,

My soundbar is the latest firmware 5.0.14 now.Can reinstall firmware again ?

thanks

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

HeyJoe,

when I follow the instructions,it’s downgraded firmware to 5.0.12.but the issue still persist.tried to adjusted centre channel to -100 still face same issue.

Highlighted

Hello Cychan, 

Thanks for getting back to us, I am sorry to hear that the update did not resolve your issue. 

Can I please ask if this issue occurs with all of the sources connected to the Soundbar or just with a specific one? It would be helpful to know which sources you are using too?

Also, it would be great to know if the Soundbar had been dropped or if there have been any power cuts or storms recently?

This will help us to identify the issue location and come to a resolution. 

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 1, 2019

Hi,

Movie didn't face to issue sound crackling,i though it only crackles on music whatever use airplay ,bluetooth and youtube .Never dropped the SB and power cut. 

Highlighted

Hello Cychan, 

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. 

As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and talk this issue through with them. They have the facilities to look further in-depth into your system. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W