Goyser
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 4, 2018

turn on and off the television with Alexa

Can you turn on and off the television with the 700 soundbar through Alexa?
If it is not possible it would still be good if it were included in a future update
The sound bar of Sonos Beam in addition to controlling the volume with Alexa can turn on and off the television
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: turn on and off the television with Alexa

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hello Goyser,

Thanks for posting! Currently, you are not able to use Alexa voice control to toggle the power on your TV. If that changes with a future update, we will share it with you here in the Community. Thanks for your feedback!

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

4 REPLIES 4

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Charlotte_G

Hello Goyser,

Thanks for posting! Currently, you are not able to use Alexa voice control to toggle the power on your TV. If that changes with a future update, we will share it with you here in the Community. Thanks for your feedback!

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

GorFex
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

This is not correct.  You can absolutely turn your TV on and off with Alexa.  

I named my SB 700 "Bose" and it is connected via HDMI ARC with CEC enabled.

If I say "Alexa, turn on Bose" then my TV turns on.  If I say "Alexa, turn off Bose" my TV turns off.

Highlighted
mercylott
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 13, 2019

I'm working on the bose 700 for my aunt...alexa works, but it seems she only works through the hdmi cable not the optical cable. And I cant get the hdmi to set for my cable, it goes straight to my bose sound bar? HELP!

Hello Goyser, Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experience with us. Customer feedback both positive and negative is very important to our company and we will ensure that your comments are passed onto the relevant channels.

@mercylott I understand Alexa is not working through the optical cable however I did not understand 'I can't get the HDMI to set for my cable '. Can you please explaining your issue well so I can provide you with the right troubleshooting step.

Kind regards,

Prince_O