Highlighted

Re: turn on and off the television with Alexa

Hi Alexjonathan & Danmarc,

Thank you for updating us on how that went - sorry to hear it was not successful.

Firstly, in regards to your question @Alexjonathan, we would recommend enabling the power sync option for your TV within the Bose Music app.

Secondly, @Danmarc if the change in the CEC option did not improve things, I would advise adjusting that back to default for the time being.

Lastly, when you are asking Alexa to turn off your TV, what command are you giving it specifically?

Warm regards,

Sam F

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Danmarc
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

I say "Alexa, turn off tv"; a sound signal (like ta-ta) is emitted and the TV goes off.

When say "Alexa, turn on tv", same sound is emitted but TV stays off. Is like the command is initiated but the TV does not respond.

Highlighted

Hi @Danmarc,

Thanks for letting me know the commands you're giving the soundbar.

I suspect this is purely Alexa powering down the Soundbar rather than your TV itself when you're asking to "turn off the TV". However, as a result of the powering off the Soundbar, through CEC, the TV is also powering itself off as it is seeing the Soundbar is no longer in use. That is why there may not be the same result when asking Alexa to "turn on the TV".

What I would recommend is that you ask Alexa to "turn on (name of the system)", to which it should power up the Soundbar, which should then power on the TV, to continue what was playing on your TV.

Give that a try and then let me know what the outcome is.

Warm regards,

Sam F

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.