Highlighted
AmarPatel
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

OpenHAB2, Global Cache GC-100-06 Network Adapter, Bose Lifestyle V35 Home Entertainment System

Hi Team,

Does anyone have the OpenHAB2 Map file and Items File for sending commands to the Bose Lifestyle V35 Home Entertainment System via a Global Cache GC-100-06 Network Adapter linked via the serial data port?

Thanks and Regards,

Amar

7 REPLIES 7

Re: OpenHAB2, Global Cache GC-100-06 Network Adapter, Bose Lifestyle V35 Home Entertainment System

Hello AmarPatel,

Thanks for posting in the community! We do not provide these types of files to customers, however, I can still try to help you out if you let me know what commands you are trying to send to the system.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kineset regards,

Zoe C - Community Support 

AmarPatel
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

Re: OpenHAB2, Global Cache GC-100-06 Network Adapter, Bose Lifestyle V35 Home Entertainment System

Hi Zoe C,

The commands I am trying to send to the system are:

INPUT 1,

INPUT 2,

INPUT 3,

INPUT 4, 

INPUT 5,

INPUT TV,

INPUT OPTICAL,

PAUSE,

PLAY,

POWER OFF,

POWER ON,

STOP,

VOLUME UP, and

VOLUME DOWN

Thanks and Regards,

Amar

Hello Amar, 

Thank you for providing that information. 

From what I can gather, It seems that you may be requesting the files for various remote commands so that you can control your system using another device such as a computer or similar. 

This is not something we can provide or advise.

If you're looking for a solution without using the remote, I would recommend using a remote simulator and IR emitter, but I am not able to make any recommendations. 

If this is not the case, then please let us know and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

AmarPatel
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

Does the Bose Lifestyle V35 support commands given to it via IR (in other words does the system have an IR receiver)?  If so, where is the IR receiver port on the system?  ?  I know there is an IR port on the back, however, I think the IR port is for an IR emitter so that the Bose Lifestyle V35 can send command to other IR devices - am I correct?

Thanks and Regards,

Amar

Community Manager

Hey Amar,

Thanks for reaching out again. The Lifestyle V35 system does feature an IR receiver, which is located on the front left of the system, near the status LED.  The IR port on the rear of the console is for attaching an accessory IR emitter to communicate with other third-party devices, sending IR commands. Additional information on this can be found HERE.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Kindest,

Andy B

AmarPatel
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

Hi Andy,

Thank you for your response.   Is the IR receiver active or does a setting need to be set to activate it?  Is the receiver on the left side of the LED light or the right side of the LED light?

Also, can you send me an example of a command in serial form to turn the Bose Lifestyle V35 system on?

Thanks and Regards,

Amar

Community Manager

Hey Amar,

Thanks for your message. We're regrettably unable to send information related to commands, but the Lifestyle's console does support learning remotes from the IR receiver. To pair a learning remote to the console:

1. Remove the batteries to any other remote previously paired to the system, as only one remote can be paired with the system at one time.
  2. Turn the system on.
  3. Hold the remote near the control console.
  4. On the remote, press and hold OK and at the same time press and hold Mute on the console. Hold both for five seconds. The power LED on the control console blinks when pairing is complete.
  5. Release the buttons.
  6. Press any remote button and verify that the power LED on the control console blinks with each button press.

The system's control console houses four IR emitters positioned at various angles behind the plastic panel to the left of the button panel cover. An IR receiver is also located in the same area. The plastic panel does not impede with the IR signals passing to and from this location. 

Should you require additional assistance with programming third-party devices to control the system, I encourage you to reach out directly to the manufacturer/supplier of the device.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Kindest,

Andy B