Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Minos46a
Advisor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Re: 11/20 Update: TuneIn/internet radio information

@Jaap1981 wrote:
Tunein have to work. They have to solve the problem.....

yes but the problem is that the company doesn't care ... 
https://www.bemobile.be/2018/11/22/soundtouch-tunein/#.W_k9h4zm6f0

LumiaKees
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 9, 2015

Today I was prompted to download the Soundtouch app on my PC again, a few days after the last download where Internet Radio dissapeared. I don't see any difference with this last version. No clarification. 

Minos46a
Advisor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

The company's lack of concern about customer satisfaction is obvious, noteworthy and unacceptable! and the situation is not new because i discover many stories about it...

Minos46a
Advisor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

9F60F429-7651-4F92-88A7-625AA6C191CA.png

mynameisjonas
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

We have had the station Polskie Radio Trójka (PR 3) on preset 3 for a number of years but this no longer works after the switch to TuneIn. I have been in touch with TuneIn support who say that whilst it is avaialble on their service it is prohibited from being available to UK IP addresses by request of the broadcaster therefore there is nothing they can do to help. This is disappointing because it was previously avaiable on the vTuner service. Anything you can do to help Bose?

Minos46a
Advisor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Scottomatic
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 17, 2016

Bose Soundtouch developers pushed out a new revision 20.0.3 that does not address the loss of Internet Radio functionality but I did notice this screen under Settings > Music Services > TuneIn in the app that states: 

"With TuneIn on SoundTouch, listen to more thann 100,000 stations and the hottest podcasts, plus live games, concerts and shows from around the world. However, you cannot access your Favorites and Premium content on your existing TuneIn account at this time."

The statement is meaningless as the terms "Favorites" and "Premium content" are not defined and there isn't a generally accepted definition of the terms in this context. There is no reference to Internet radio or Internet streams. The qualifier "at this time" is comically vague. There is no acknowledgement that TuneIn delivers only low definition streams with commercial messages appended. 

If you've been on SoundTouch for a long time, you might remember SoundTouch did something similar a few years ago. I remember I had to use iTunes and the Remote iOS app to stream for several months; I was so delighted when they restored the ability to stream Internet radio with iTuner. I've gone back to streaming via iTunes on my iMac. 

For a company that traffics in Veblen goods, this whole fiasco should be a five alarm fire. I give them some credit for allowing this message board to exist. The Bose lawyer that dictated the removal of .pls streaming functionality probably doesn't use the product or know that this message board exists. The lack of a corporate response is deafening and will cause lasting damage to the Bose brand. Their arch competitor Sonos has excepted whatever legal risk there is in allowing users to stream .pls on their platform. 

Bose charges super premium prices for their hardware, carrying with it an implicit promise of best quality and complete customer satisfaction. If you purchased your SoundTouch speakers in the last 12 months, I suggest you contact Bose and request to return them for refund as they are certainly not delivering that.

Please leave an honest review of the product on in the app stores and on retailer websites. 

AListener
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 24, 2018

Perhaps it is time to start looking for alternatives. 

You can add the stream of a radio station directly to itunes (File - Open Stream). The stream will be added to your library with an album name like the "file name" from the stream. Look in "recently added" and edit the album info to your convenience. Unfortunately, the Soundtouch app does not show such a volume as part of your library :-(. 

Sonos is an alternative, but quite expensive. For now this is the only ready made solution I found.

Another possible solution is using a Raspberry Pi, a soundcard, computer speakers and some software of which most is available as open source libraries that can be directly installed. It should be possible to build something with the same functionality of the SoundTouch box for a few hundred EUR, and a lot of time to get everything to work. There are some kits on the market but so far I found none that covers the complete functionality.

Long shot: Bose publishes enough information to allow the open source community to add the missing feature to SoundTouch (not holding my breath here).

Of course, Bose might also consider solving the problem itself but after a week of deafening silence this looks as likely as Easter not being on a Sunday (but I'd love to be proven wrong). 

Minos46a
Advisor
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

martinkooij
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 12, 2017

Meanwhile, while the executives of Bose were having their Thanksgiving Day and weekend, and not attending therf business for a few days, they managed to kill the most valuable asset: their brand. Congrats!

I just switched on Amazon.de the Bose Christmas present for my son to a Sonos Christmas present. "Stemmen met de voeten", in Dutch. Now I have to see how I can sue them for loss of my investment totalling >900€..

I also hope they come here at home and explain to my wife how to start QMusic again. From personal experience I'll tell you it will be a frightening experience.