cruza52
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

Re: 11/28 Update: TuneIn/internet Radio Information

Received the response from Bose regarding a refund.... predictable... am sick of this "100,000 stations" comment and "happy to request missing stations to be added"  Still I suppose the Australian Market is insignificant to Bose compared to other markets

"Thank you for your recent email to Bose, We understand your frustration and we apologise for any inconvenience the recent change over has caused. For any stations you find missing, we would be more than happy to request these for you through TuneIn. TuneIn is a third party service but as stated we have the ability to put requests towards them. We will not be able to offer you a refund for your speaker as, though we no longer support Vtuner, Tunein is still as an internet radio provider. This service can provide over 100,000 radio stations and much more. We are more than happy to answer any further questions you have regarding this, but there are no further actions available regarding a refund or service as there is no fault with the product. TuneIn is a third party service supported through our products. Along side other available steaming services such as spotify and amazon music the system offers many ways for you to enjoy your music."

mpf541
Advocate
Registered since

Oct 5, 2014

I find bose is just full of it. They tells us that thier product it so good but the customer support is terrible. They saw a chance to save some money in using tunein. Thats whay they swiched. They did not give a **bleep** about what the customer wanted. Just what the bottom line is.

I will never be buying bose again. 

pwatkins
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 30, 2017

Hi, Sorry to hear about your loss of business madhavanatrja 

Bose doesn't care. Read their user agreement. The only tool available is continued pressure and being as load about this possible until someone gets it.

I'm personally thinking of spending some time researching the contact info for key Bose executives.  Maybe it's possible to find someone who has some say who sees what an unfair and stupid thing the department responsible has done. 

There is no technical reason why Bose could not have offered its customers the ability to choose between vTune or TuneIn. No different than having the ability to select both Spotify and TuneIn currently. 

Absolute sh...show! 

vTunerCEO
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

By the way Bose told me they are phasing out soundtouch. They also have zero interest in bringing back vTuner. 

markathome
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

@cruza52 wrote:

Received the response from Bose regarding a refund.... predictable... am sick of this "100,000 stations" comment and "happy to request missing stations to be added"  Still I suppose the Australian Market is insignificant to Bose compared to other markets

"Thank you for your recent email to Bose, We understand your frustration and we apologise for any inconvenience the recent change over has caused. For any stations you find missing, we would be more than happy to request these for you through TuneIn. TuneIn is a third party service but as stated we have the ability to put requests towards them. We will not be able to offer you a refund for your speaker as, though we no longer support Vtuner, Tunein is still as an internet radio provider. This service can provide over 100,000 radio stations and much more. We are more than happy to answer any further questions you have regarding this, but there are no further actions available regarding a refund or service as there is no fault with the product. TuneIn is a third party service supported through our products. Along side other available steaming services such as spotify and amazon music the system offers many ways for you to enjoy your music."

Is Australia the same as New Zealand where if an item is no longer fit for purpose within a reasonable time (so not necessarily 12months) you can claim for a refund. Seems Bose consider tunein fit for purpose but could it be argued it wasn’t purchased for tunein but another feature which has since been removed and therefore not the same as when it was bought?

automan505
Participant
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

To Community_Manager Community_Manager@communitymail.bose.com     + BOSE CORPORATE ET.AL.
I DON'T THINK YOUR UPGRADE / DOWNGRADE IS TAKING HOLD....DO YOU!
    Bad Time to Mess Up, Christmas You Know Mucho bad mouthing, Eh? ...How about a real UPGRADE FORGET 'BOUT YOUR small scale FIX(s).....Directing your juniors The poor Company hey boys. How much more can they take??Finish this RIGHT NOW...BEEN AWHILE NOW. TIME FOR THE BIG BOYS TO MOP UP THE MESS....CALL OUT YOUR MARINES BOSE!  EITHER GO OR "Get off the pot" ROLL BACK.....THIS DEBACLE IT IS A REAL BLACK EYE TO A OTHERWISE QUALITY COMPANY. PUT YOUR $$$ WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS.  FUHGEDDABOUTIT, SI, NYC - USA...oh yeah since the revision my ST10 volume slider/control is very delayed & unstable on wi-fi & blutooth with or without the app remote or on the speaker what's the matter with you people...stop bs-ing US end this...tm
THIS HAS BEEN TOO LONG...NOVEMBER 20,2018....AGREE?

debhudon
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

"our team is working to add a method for users to add any radio stream URL to SoundTouch and set it as a preset."

Can you please advise when this might happen?  I am still really upset over this awful change to tunein, and the fact that my favourite stations are no longer available.  

cruza52
Enthusiast
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

@debhudon wrote:

"our team is working to add a method for users to add any radio stream URL to SoundTouch and set it as a preset."

where was that quote from debhudon?.  

debhudon
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

November 28th update posted by Joel_D moderator

pwatkins
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 30, 2017

Thanks for the insight vTune! 

To bad Bose could not have allowed its users a choice.  No technical reason why the SoujdTouch app can't have just added TuneIn as another streaming option like Spotify is currently. 

What I'm wondering is why the change? Why go to an inferior option. Unless you have not a clue what your doing and your change is just for change sake?