Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wileysnake
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

1029 Error, I cannot proceed using the Iphone interface.

As a bluetooth device the bose system works fine. However any attempt to use the iphone soundtouch to interface to the 1067cc device results in a continous loop if this error. Steps I've taken:

No power to Bose unit 1 hour - same 1029 error

Reset ATT Uverse Router - same 1029 error

Removed BoseSoundtouch app and reinstalled - same error

Held Aux/Bluetooth down for 15 seconds (3 attempts) same error

Device was working 100% fine since 12-25-15, this hickup came to surface when an outsider connected to the Bose device via bluetooth.

No clue.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wileysnake
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Re: 1029 Error, I cannot proceed using the Iphone interface.

Author Accepted Answer selected by wileysnake
Follow-up:

Moved Bose speaker directly next to WiFi router.
Held 2 and volume buttons - down for 5 seconds.
Connected to Bose speaker via wifi settings on iphone, the 4067 bose name appears. If not verify Bose is in alternate setup mode, 'setup' will appear on the display. If not attempt a reset of the unit by holding 1 and volume - down for 10 seconds. If you're still having issues, your goal (or in my case) is for the display to reflect (setup or begin launch soundtouch setup app)

(Note: Amber wifi led a must)

Verify wifi network is same as mobile device (we run 4 local wifi networks here which wasn't an issue previously but important to troubleshoot)

Continued with Soundtouch setup.
If the 'rename' is accepted you are good.
If an error occurs, disconnected Bose from power for 15 minutes or longer. Try again.

My issue in my own words:

Bose unit was 'stuck' connecting to another network causing havoc of sorts with repeated errors on the iphone. I believe my network is the culprit, but the Bose simpilicty in display design and vague error msgs made it tough to isolate or even start to fix.

Failed:

In my particular case downloading Soundtouch to a windows system, using the speaker's IP address bia browser, resetting the router, the unit, altering DNS (made no sense) to another IP, direct ethernet connection, all failed in my case.

Hope this helps someone and isn't too confusing.

Rocking again over here 🙂 GREAT speaker system and 1st time I've ever had an issue with it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
wileysnake
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Re: 1029 Error, I cannot proceed using the Iphone interface.

Author Accepted Answer selected by wileysnake
Follow-up:

Moved Bose speaker directly next to WiFi router.
Held 2 and volume buttons - down for 5 seconds.
Connected to Bose speaker via wifi settings on iphone, the 4067 bose name appears. If not verify Bose is in alternate setup mode, 'setup' will appear on the display. If not attempt a reset of the unit by holding 1 and volume - down for 10 seconds. If you're still having issues, your goal (or in my case) is for the display to reflect (setup or begin launch soundtouch setup app)

(Note: Amber wifi led a must)

Verify wifi network is same as mobile device (we run 4 local wifi networks here which wasn't an issue previously but important to troubleshoot)

Continued with Soundtouch setup.
If the 'rename' is accepted you are good.
If an error occurs, disconnected Bose from power for 15 minutes or longer. Try again.

My issue in my own words:

Bose unit was 'stuck' connecting to another network causing havoc of sorts with repeated errors on the iphone. I believe my network is the culprit, but the Bose simpilicty in display design and vague error msgs made it tough to isolate or even start to fix.

Failed:

In my particular case downloading Soundtouch to a windows system, using the speaker's IP address bia browser, resetting the router, the unit, altering DNS (made no sense) to another IP, direct ethernet connection, all failed in my case.

Hope this helps someone and isn't too confusing.

Rocking again over here 🙂 GREAT speaker system and 1st time I've ever had an issue with it.

View solution in original post