14.0.33 experiences on a Soundtouch 300
I was glad to have been able to update to the latest firmware using the info Mattius provided.
i seriously hope that Bose will support this way of updating for the more tech/tweakers among us as it worked great!
1. good to see http://speakerip/test.html gone, its fun but does not belong there
2. HDMi input port nw works better with the newly bought Nintendo Switch! previously I had problems like having to first turn on the nintendo Switch, then the soundbar or I would not have a picture on the TV Now it does not matter, so thats a fix!
3. Great to see new stuff like audio settings, volume setting. nice
After the update the speaker did not want to wake up anymore using the IR remote and pressing a preset. I fixed this by removing the speaker from the app, resetting to factory default and re-adding it.Perhaps drastic, but I like to start clean after an update anyway.
1. Will you support/use http://speakerip/update.html for future manual updates?
2. Will you develop a full working webinterface? enhance the current http://speakerip/index.html where we can see some stats like current playing stream audio details like DD 5.0 or 2.0. Great to use that as a virtual display
3. will there be an insider program / beta program?
Thanks for the update, it is a step forward.
But please change the way updates are spread, and add the manual option / force update.
And keep on being more transparent, faster with info, keep the users in the loop and keep them informed about what they can expect and when. soon is a **bleep**ty answer 🙂