Highlighted
dhenwood
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2015

17.0.8 update not working well with ST 20

It seems every update you put out causes the performance of my ST 20 speaker to deteriorate. The last one threw it way out of sync with other speakers on the network. Now this has produced major connectivity problems — WiFi drops out periodically, won't connect without multiple restarts, etc. How do you keep making things worse?

4 REPLIES 4
Edgardo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 19, 2017

Re: 17.0.8 update not working well with ST 20

Had the same issue with a ST-10, after the update it started disconnecting from the network. It reconnected fast, but still it would restart the song I was playing over DLNA and it was terribly annoying.

I looked at my router log and it seems the ST-10 refreshed DHCP lease forcefully dropping connection exactly at 1/2 of the lease time.

The lease time I had was 30 minutes, so every 15 minutes it would disconnect.

I changed the lease time (anything above 24hs will do it) and all the problems went away.

You should change your router DHCP lease time on your router until this bug gets fixed.

Hello dhenwood,

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. The development team has been made aware and are currently investigating this DHCP bug. Once we have more information we will let the community know. As per what Edgardo said to try is exactly the same thing I would suggest to try.

Let us know if you have any other quesitons.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Bose Support

dhenwood
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 12, 2015

My apologies for flying off the handle. Turned out I needed to change the channel on my wifi network. Now all is well, and the problems of synchronization with the other speakers on my network are resolved.

Hi dhenwood, 

No worries. I'm glad to hear everything is working again. Please let us know if the issue comes back or if you have any other questions. 

Kind Regards

Brent - Bose Support