Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 13, 2014

Re: Updated: Airplay Delay Issue

@Jason, not getting what you're saying. I have a LS 535 with an externally connected SoundTouch adapter (which came with the LS 535).
I could have sworn, that I could Airplay to the Lifestyle before, but maybe I am wrong.
Any way, it does NOT support Bluetooth, so I will try the file above now....
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 13, 2014

@Jason: is there a way I can find out which SoindTouch module I have attached to my LS 535? 
Would the SoundTouch App tell me? 
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 18, 2015

Hi !

Here Im having the issue of air play with the 13.0.9 firmware using the Soundtouch 30 ii, is there a release date for the fix? or can I ask for the trial firmware instead?

Regards!

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 27, 2016

The latest IOS app update which forces a firmware update has not fixed the issue; and if anything made the airplay delay worse; and with lots of added distortion. 😞
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 27, 2016

I received an email shortly after this post with an updated firmware, which has seemed to resolve the issue.
I presume this has been sent out to those people who tested the original firmware in August
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

Hi Jason, I installed the latest fireware update and it did NOT fix the very long delay when using airplay for both my ST 20 & ST Portable. Can you please provide me with advise ASAP to fix this very, very anoying problem. I look forward to hearing from you very soon. Thanks Jason! 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2017

I've got various sets of Bose headphones, 2x Portable Sound Docks, a Solo, PC speakers - but I'm beginning to hate my SoundTouch 30.

It plays internet radio instantly, but AirPlay is embarrassing. Utter ridiculous.

I've got a crappy adapter I plug in to my SoundDock and this is nearly instant - it's laughable. I've had it a while now, but if I could send it back, I'd do it in a heartbeat. So so disappointed with Bose on this one. I just NEVER use it now.

(I've got the latest Sky Q router - tried wired and wirelessly)

I can play music through the 'new' Bose app almost instantly from my QNAP NAS box as well, to add insult to injury. Yet my wife and I have iPhones and my kids use iPads and neither of us can use AirPlay 'properly'. We just stream to the Apple TV and play through the Solo now or to the Sky Q box and do the same.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 1, 2014

I have this issue since months now.

WHen will it be solved by Bose?

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2017

I don't believe they ever will. I'm not convinced it's still being worked on.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Gr33no and skynw,

There is a temporary fix available that I can send out if you would like that.  If you would like the update, let me know what systems you have as this update is only for products that currently have airplay functionality.

Best Regards,

Brandon