Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2017

Re: Updated: Airplay Delay Issue

That would be cool. I have a Bose SoundTouch 30 (Black). It definitely has (grrr) AirPlay.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Certainly Gr33no, I'm sending over a PM now.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

Hi Brandon, I had also left a previous post(s) asking for this temporary patch but I did not hear back from anyone. I also have both an airplay ST 20 and an airplay Portable ST. Both have the long airplay delay issue. I would appreciate receiving the patch. Thanks.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2017

Many thanks Brandon - I can confirm the 'fix' makes my speaker work as expected now. There is next to no delay in playback and song skipping at all.

Much appreciated.

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 1, 2014

Hi Brandon,
I have a SoundTouch 30
SW Version 14.0.15
And I'm interested in a permanent solution not temporary.
🙂
It's definitely broken by software so Bose as the vendor could and should fix it.
If the patch you are offering works as a permanent solution. Ok.
But I don't understand why Bose brings not out a new software release which has the patch included.
Many thanks for help!
Marcel
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 20, 2017

Hi Brandon,

I would like to have the patch too. I have soundtouch 30 series II.

thx

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2017

Brandon, this is sooooooo frustrating. I am not sure how Bose / you decide who 'deserves' the temporary patch but I currently own two airplay enabled (I use that term loosely) ST speakers (1 ST 20 & 1 ST Portable) that take 4+ minutes before they kick into airplay mode. As owners of a clearly defective software product, we should not have to go 'begging' for software fixes including this 'temporary' patch. I have asked very poliitely numerious times in this fourm over the past month to please get a copy of this 'temporary patch' and the only people who add their comments are yet more deserving people also are in need of this patch. Get on with making this patch available and actually respond to the needs of the loyal Bose community instead of ignoring us so we get more, and more and more frustrated and irate at Bose letting us all down!

Thanks for your due consideration of my obvious frustration of the situation I find myself in. I haven't jumped ship yet but ....

Loyal Bose customer ...

Andrew 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 17, 2017

I realised I shouldn't..

But I was so frustrated as well. I've just PM'd you what I received.

Sorry Bose!

Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 1, 2014

Pressing the AUX button on the device for 15sec (you will recognize on the display) helped me.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 20, 2017

@Gr33no thx!! Smiley Happy ...updating Smiley Wink