Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

Re: Updated: Airplay Delay Issue

Thanks for the continuous updates, everyone.  We're happy to see the positive results.  
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 1, 2016

Hello! After some extensive testing, I can confirm that this update has fixed the delay - there is, however, another issue that is VERY intermittent. On a rare occasion (3 times so far), upon connecting via AirPlay, the volume is set to maximum. it is very rare as I say, but when it does happen, it is very obviously far from ideal! Any ideas on what could cause this?
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 2, 2016

Eight days conducting exhaustive tests, there is no such failures or problems in the transmission, by linking via airplay the bose delay of three to four seconds to respond, the volume responds without any problems and very fast to change the volume form.
The electronic equipment I own are:
Router Connection to Bose: ASUS RT-AC5300
Bose SoundTouch 30 Series I
Bose equipment used to control: 1 Iphone 6s Plus, 2 Iphone 6 Plus, 1 Iphone 4, 1 Ipad Pro 12.9 ", 1 Ipad Air 2, Apple TV 2 64G, Apple TV. all with the latest updates.
All electronic equipment controllers respond excellently even in the most remote places of the house, the router that I have gives me very good coverage for weak signals.
The problem does not occur indicating PerficPete me, it will not be a problem of low signal?
Regards!!
Cristian
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 19, 2016

Hi All
After more than two weeks of testing the AirPlay function with my ST20 there is still no delay when connecting. 
The ST Portable on which i have instaled the latest official firmware 13.0.9 I still have some delay sometimes.
So for me it looks like Bose finaly found a solution.
 FYI: I'm using Airplay with IPhone 6s, IPhone 6, IPad Air, Apple TV 4. Gen and ITunes on two Windows 10 Laptops and it works well with all the devices
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 14, 2016

I am just a basic user waiting for months to solve the problem. In the meantime I stopped using this stressing soundtouch.
rellay disappointing.
can you give us an update on when We can go back to use it again before I put it on eBay?
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 17, 2016

I’ve received instructions on how to download and install custom firmware, I have 3 Soundtouch portable series II and a Soundtouch 30 series II. I’ve been testing for about a week and the Airplay lag seems to be gone. However, when I group the systems using Spotify to play all together it doesn’t work, the sound comes only from the system that is leading the group, the other ones appear to receive the instruction to play as a part of the group because on the screen shows the source Spotify with the name of the song that is playing on the leading system but there’s no sound output. This function used to work fine on the regular firmware.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 13, 2014

I have the identical problem like @Edrenos. It seems to be related to the beta firmware, which I have installed since several weeks - and no group play since then. 
I also keep loosing the speakers in my iOS app. Some times they all show as reachable, sometimes some are ghosted, sometimes all are. There are days where I cannot control any speaker via app because of that. 
Really looking forwward to a new firmware that fixes this...
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 16, 2016

I have  EXACT the same problem like Edrenos ! please help to fix it as i have 5 Soundtouch speakers and I want them to play all together.
Thank you.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2016

Ihave recieved the e-mail for the Airplay Firmware Update but there is no file attached to save, please can it be resent thanks
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 22, 2016

Sharon16, the email doesn't contain the firmware file, there's a PDF file with step by step instruction on how to download the firmware and how to update.