Dec 22, 2016
Dec 20, 2016
Yes the post is from me and I can confirm that HDMI ARC is working for me since late december without any problem. The key was to factory reset the Samsung not by the menu in the settings but rather by press/unpress the TV remote for a certain time during which the TV is not connected to power :
1) Make sure that you have latest TV firmware
2) Disconnect any HDMI/Audio cable
3) disconnect TV from power and push /not push / push on bottom on smart remote repeating for 30 seconds (to trigger factory reset)
4) Connect ADSL box to HDMI 1 & Bose Soundbar to HDMI ARC (4)
5) Connect TV HDMI ARC to bose Sound bar HDMI ARC to TV
6) switch TV on with both ADSL & Bose already switched on
7) Samsung setup "recognize" HDMI 1 as TV input and HDMI4 as Bose Sound Touch 300 / Receiver
😎 in Samsung Settings Audio switch Audio from TV to Receiver
My understanding is that any HDMI manipulation / change of connection may not work without this reset as any "false" HDMI handshake stays "stored" in TV or Soundtouch memory ..
But see my previous post here as well , I am more and more thinking that the problem is related to in which sequence & time delay the HDMI chain between TV, Modem/satelite box//cable box and ST300 switched on .
And maybe I just got lucky with this with my french ADSL/Cable modem ?
Jan 23, 2017
This is so unfortunate that customers are forced to make their own tricks and trials and there is no official fix or update from Bose.
Jan 9, 2017
Jan 10, 2017
I am losing HDMI ARC connectivity with samsung tv randomly. I have to power off/on to make it work. Can you guys give update on this issue.
May 16, 2016
We are reaching out to more users to help us further our testing with the update we have developed. So far, the preliminary feedback has been positive overall in helping to prevent a loss of audio from ARC with Samsung TVs. We are also focusing on TV makes other than Samsung where we intend to begin testing shortly. Following the results we will expand it to a wider group with a goal of providing this to more community members very soon.
Feb 1, 2017
Jan 12, 2017
Nov 30, 2016
Jan 19, 2017