Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 300 HDMI ARC Issue - Engineering Update

Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 20, 2016

Yes the post is from me and I can confirm that HDMI ARC is working for me since late december without any problem. The key was to factory reset the Samsung not by the menu in the settings but rather by press/unpress the TV remote for a certain time during which the TV is not connected to power :

1) Make sure that you have latest TV firmware 

2) Disconnect any HDMI/Audio cable

3) disconnect TV from power and push /not push / push on bottom on smart remote repeating for 30 seconds (to trigger factory reset)

4) Connect ADSL box to HDMI 1  & Bose Soundbar to HDMI ARC (4)

5) Connect TV HDMI ARC to bose Sound bar HDMI ARC to TV 

6) switch TV on with both ADSL & Bose already switched on 

7) Samsung setup "recognize" HDMI 1 as TV input and HDMI4 as Bose Sound Touch 300 / Receiver

😎 in Samsung Settings Audio switch Audio from TV to Receiver

My understanding is that any HDMI manipulation / change of connection may not work without this reset as any "false" HDMI handshake stays "stored" in TV or Soundtouch memory ..

But see my previous post here as well , I am more and more thinking that the problem is related to in which sequence & time delay the HDMI chain between TV, Modem/satelite box//cable box and ST300 switched on .

And maybe I just got lucky with this with my french ADSL/Cable modem ?

Greetings Bjoern

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Thanks Bjoern!

This is so unfortunate that customers are forced to make their own tricks and trials and there is no official fix or update from Bose. 

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 9, 2017

When do we can now expect the long awaited update? it has now lasted long enough

Bose give us what information, when can we expect the update, this would make a lot of people very happy
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 10, 2017

I am losing HDMI ARC connectivity with samsung tv randomly. I have to power off/on to make it work. Can you  guys give update on this issue.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi all,

We are reaching out to more users to help us further our testing with the update we have developed. So far, the preliminary feedback has been positive overall in helping to prevent a loss of audio from ARC with Samsung TVs. We are also focusing on TV makes other than Samsung where we intend to begin testing shortly. Following the results we will expand it to a wider group with a goal of providing this to more community members very soon.

Thank you

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 1, 2017

Is it a firmware update or is it a different fix that has been positive so far? Also, if the testing does well with the other Television manufactures when can we expect this fix to be made public to everyone else? Thank you very much.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 12, 2017

The update you released a few weeks ago fixed the ARC issue with my Samsung TV however the SoundTouch 300 doesn't shut down properly via universal remote commands and will restart and turn the TV on at the same time
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 30, 2016

Thank you, Brent! Appreciate the effort and information.

Best,

Bosethusiast

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

Hi Brent,

Does this update solve the source switching at power up?

Thanks