Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Sep 2, 2014

2/9 Update - SoundTouch 300 HDMI ARC Issue

Update 2/9:

Beginning on February 15th, an update will begin rolling out to all SoundTouch users. As part of the update, it will include ARC improvements for the SoundTouch 300 as well as center channel adjustments for the soundbar and surround level controls for the Virtually Invisible 300s. The Lifestyle 650 and 600 update will be available at a later date and will be announced when available.

We look forward to sharing more details regarding this update in the upcoming days.

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Original Post:

Hi everyone. 

We wanted to provide an update on the ARC issue many of you have experienced and have posted about here. 

To provide some context around this issue:  The SoundTouch 300 system passed all 3rd party certifications required to support HDMI ARC.  Additional interoperability testing performed both by Bose and impartial 3rd parties did not reveal this issue prior to release.  

However, individual environments and more recent software updates to devices connected to your Bose ST300 may have triggered this incompatibility.  These interactions have made root-causing this issue challenging, especially given the slight differences observed with HDMI/CEC/ARC behavior across other connected devices.

Our development teams are currently evaluating a software change we believe will improve ARC.  More details will be provided in the coming days about how we intend on deploying this change.  We are committed to improving ARC compatibility but we want to make sure any change not only improves the experience, but is also reliable and stable across a number of connected devices.  This takes time and we appreciate your patience.

Many thanks to all of you who’ve offered constructive and insightful feedback and the details provided by you have helped considerably.

Please continue to monitor or subscribe to this post for updates.

Thank you for your continued support.

197 REPLIES 197
Highlighted
Joni
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 21, 2016

Re: SoundTouch 300 HDMI ARC Issue - Engineering Update

Awaiting for the upcoming fixed for the ARC problem. Thank you.
Highlighted
Bjoern Hirsch
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 20, 2016

If you could fix at the same time that the Soundtouch 300 can't share HDMI ARC audio with a Soundtouch 10 it would be very much needed. I was sold to Bose (changing from Sonos in the shop) based on a proposal of having Soundtouch 300 and multiple Soundtouch 10 connected in a big room. Bose (company) seller just failed to mention that "play all" only works with Music stream .. not with TV ... very disappointed and considering given the system back as the goal was to have  shared TV sound 😞  . Bose might as well specify the  information on the Soundtouch wireless family connectivity to Music audio only , No TV wireless audio outside Soundtouch 300 !!!

Highlighted
clivangench
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 29, 2016

Do not forget the problem of the Sountouch 300 shutting down the TV when it shuts down automatically after 18 mins or so.

There should be a function to turn off the auto switch off.

Highlighted
Listener
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

Jason G

I am wondering why you deleted the last post here by trained-ear, and why you decided to lock all his, or her threads, and this particular thread below... https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/Soundtouch-300-Samsung-4K-TV-HDMI-ARC-No-Sound/m-p...

As an attorney, trained ear has the right like everyone else to voice his, or her opinion, loudly or otherwise. I witnessed no violations of any forum rules in the posts i read, and frankly, i found them informative. The post you deleted in this new thread, where he stated that you closed the above thread to hide the no sound ARC issue from newcomers, is kind of valid now with your action of deleting the post. Whether he, or she, is right, or wrong on the subject of Bose not having any customer loyalty, is still that person's right to say, along with posting his, or her findings on this, or any other website as a paying Bose customer. By deleting the post, I have to say, I am going to return my soundtouch 300 today. Personally, I think trained ear was correct in saying that Bose needs to exhibit more appreciation for it's customer base. At least, i think that's what was said because the post disappeared immediately.

Highlighted
Vic
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Dec 27, 2016

Thank you for the update, eagerly awaiting the software release, very frustrated with the experience on my Sony LED tv

Highlighted
Bosethusiast
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Nov 30, 2016

Thank you for the update. We appreciate it very much!!

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

May 16, 2016

Hi Listener, 

In the interest of keeping the discussion on topic, would you mind DM'ing Jason_G to discuss your concerns?

Thank you 

Highlighted
JimmyB
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 22, 2016

Thanks for the update.. looking forward to a fix.
Highlighted
Listener
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 5, 2017

That is unnecessary Brent. I have boxed up my product and it is going back today as I stated previously. I only created this account to weigh in on what i saw take place this morning, and as i suspect, like a lot of people, checked daily anonymously, for progress on a final resolution to the ARC issue. However, the lawyer in me disagreed with this forum's administrative actions today, hence, signing up for an account to convey my position. Strange because, in an hour or so, I will no longer own a SoundTouch 300. If I can leave you with some advice guys, I hope for your sakes as BOSE representatives, trained-ear doesn't push this legally because if so, you will lose on many fronts. Good luck to you...