Highlighted
Wookie
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 19, 2015

2 Speakers playing different music?

Since the updates I am unable to play different music on my two soundtouch speakers at the same time, i.e. My choice in one room and my wife's in another. My music is on Apple computer using iTunes.

the app controll will only allow me to use the second speaker if the first is playing and then only to play the same music. As part of the sales pitch is that each speaker on the same system can play separate music what has gone wrong?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2 Speakers playing different music?

Author Accepted Answer selected by Wookie

Hi Wookie,

I am sorry for the confusion related to playing audio from different sources on multiple SoundTouch products. Just to verify, you should be able to switch between both SoundTouch systems you have by swiping to the left or right on the image of the SoundTouch product in the app. There are little dots above the image of the SoundTouch system that indicate which one is being selected by having a darker shade of gray. The amount of dots indicate how many devices there are in your SoundTouch account (which would be 2 dots in your case). It sounds like you are using the grouping feature by scrolling down, which does allow you to select your second SoundTouch system or use Play All to play the same audio in both systems. 

Let us know if you need any further help.

Regards,

Frank 

Wookie
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 19, 2015

Thank you Frank.

From previous reply I had used the method you describe and it works fine.

I just could not find any information anywhere on how the 'new' app handles this particular wonderful attribute.

thank you again

8 REPLIES 8

Author Accepted Answer selected by Wookie

Hi Wookie,

I am sorry for the confusion related to playing audio from different sources on multiple SoundTouch products. Just to verify, you should be able to switch between both SoundTouch systems you have by swiping to the left or right on the image of the SoundTouch product in the app. There are little dots above the image of the SoundTouch system that indicate which one is being selected by having a darker shade of gray. The amount of dots indicate how many devices there are in your SoundTouch account (which would be 2 dots in your case). It sounds like you are using the grouping feature by scrolling down, which does allow you to select your second SoundTouch system or use Play All to play the same audio in both systems. 

Let us know if you need any further help.

Regards,

Frank 

Wookie
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 19, 2015

Thank you Frank.

From previous reply I had used the method you describe and it works fine.

I just could not find any information anywhere on how the 'new' app handles this particular wonderful attribute.

thank you again

MisterFalck
Silent Starter
Registered since

Mar 7, 2017

Hello Frank,

I am having the same issue with my two recently purchased speakers.  I do not see anywhere in the app on Android or PC that this swiping you describe is an option.

Also to clear up:  I cannot play different songs on different speakers from the same source (i.e. Spotify)?

-Hans

CentralBK
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Apr 3, 2016

Hello Hans,

You can play different songs on different speakers without any problems 🙂

Go into the speaker page, there you can swipe left/right between your speakers.

Choose the one you want to use, choose music or radio or a preset and play. 

Do the same for the second speaker.

You cannot use Spotify for different songs on different speakers though.

I have Spotify Family and have setup two accounts just for this scenario. The Soundtouch app supports multiple Spotify accounts since a recent update and that does the trick (Multiple Spotify) This is a Spotify limitation, not Bose.

Hope this helps 🙂 If not, please clarify your question 

Best regards

Central

mbaitinger
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 9, 2017

When I choose play all it switches from one speaker to the other.  It won't both both at the same time.

Hi mbaitinger, 

When you try to select the play all option, are you experiencing the issue where the tray is closing too fast and so the effect is not taking hold? If so, we are aware of that and are working to resolve it with a future update. If that's not what you're experiencing, could you try to unplug your router, along with the speakers that are affected by this, from power for 30 seconds and see if that corrects it? Does this happen with multiple devices (PC/smart phone/ tablet) or just one? 

Thank you 

neilmjw
Silent Starter
Registered since

Aug 26, 2017

I just purchased two sound touch 10's and am having the same problem. 

How do I play different music on each one.

I see the two dots on the top of the volume control page put when i try to swipe all it does is open "Speaker is ready to play"

page for the first speaker. I can add the second one at the bottom by using Play All or the + button but if I just want to play the second speaker or paly music on it I cannot get the App to play just that second speaker. When I swipe all it does it open the first one.

So --- how do I get the App to let me control the second speaker? 

Hi neilmjw,

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. By swiping the picture of your system right or left, you should be able to access the different systems connected to your network. From what you've described, it sounds like you are doing everything correctly. 

This video actually shows the swiping motion at the 1:44 mark. Can you confirm that this is the screen you are on when swiping? Also, make sure the system is not grouped with another system before trying this. 

Thank you,

Brian