Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2017

300 soundbar

Hi is the soundtouch 300 soundbar-sub-rear speakers a true 5.1 system ? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 16, 2016

Re: 300 soundbar

Yes it is. 

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Oct 16, 2016

No. it is not. This coming from a person that owns the ST300, sub, and Invisible 300 speakers.

It is basically a 2.1 system in reverse. Being 2 rear speakers, instead of in front.

There is some guy or girl on the forums saying they ran THX or some sound program and it is detecting 5.1. Well .... detecting and ACTUAL 5.1 system are 2 different things.

Let me just say this. If you had one speaker for your sound system and ran a program and it was detecting a 5.1 signals. Would you consider that setup 5.1? Answer that question and you have your answer.

Not to mention the ST300 does not work well with Samsung TVs. It will turn off EVERYTHING after no audio signal is detecting for 15 mins. So Xbox shuts off, Blu-ray player shuts off, TV shuts off.

Bose said they were working on a fix. That was about 1 year ago. Plain truth is this product was rushed out the door as broken.

I will never buy another Bose product again.

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 30, 2017

Hi thanks now I ask this question as I'm on another forum and there is a debate with some say yes and some say no well I say that it is there are 5.1 speakers and the rears are independent of each other but I'm no expert on this and yes I do agree that this system was released broken and we the purchasers are the 'Beta' testers I have said this before