trimley-dave
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

4501 Errors on many stations

Today many stations not working. For example Bay Radio FM, TKO Radio, RadioOne Mallorca. These were working yesterday. My system is a Wave Sound Touch. The panel on the Sound Touch says: Station Unavailable.

Doesn't make any difference selecting the preset station using my Bose remote control, or using the app on my mobile, or the app on my PC.

10 REPLIES 10
Jeff_G

Re: 4501 Errors on many stations

Hello trimley-dave, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with radio stations on your Wave SoundTouch system. 

To give me a greater insight:

- Can you please confirm which country it is you are in? 

- What radio service are you using to access the stations? Radio Player? TuneIn? 

- Can you please confirm what troubleshooting has been performed before you posted here? 
- Have you tried accessing the stations on the radio service's website? Are they working okay for you there? 

I'll look forward to your reply! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
trimley-dave
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Thanks for your reply. I'm in the UK. Using Tunein on my Soundwave Touch. Yes tried listening using radio stations website on my PC and that works. Strange that this issue affects some stations and not others. I have tried using the Bose Soundtouch app on both PC and Android. Also direct on my Soundwave using present station.

Dels
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2020

I am having the same problems, the stations from 1.fm are the ones I've lost.

Dels
Participant
Registered since

Sep 11, 2020

I'm in the UK.

The stations have been lost via tunein

1miwo
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 6, 2017

Having the exact same issue too.

It looks like TuneIn Radio have introduced regional restrictions now which means you can't listen to stations outside of the UK via their app.

Lots of people having the same issue either with Bose devices or just trying to listen on the TuneIn App: https://downdetector.co.uk/status/tunein/

@bose@Jeff_G  - Please can you update the SoundTouch app to allow users to add radio stations like we used to be able to before you changed it to TuneIn? 

That will get around this issue as you can still listen to the radio stations in the UK, just not via TuneIn any longer.

keith1200rs
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Same problem here (in the UK).  Both my Soundtouch 20 units are useless paperweights now.  My Hama radio presumably uses something other than Tunein and is fine.  This needs sorting out quickly otherwise I will be returning my units to the retailer.

keith1200rs
Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2019

Almost no radio stations available now in the UK on Tunein through my Soundtouch 20s.  I used to listen to Folk Alley (USA), various Totally Radio stations (Australia), Reggae Airways.  Now, nothing.  Only BBC ones.  All the stations are still available via a Hama internet radio - I am not sure what service they use, but presumably not Tunein!  Just two expensive paperweights now.

Hector_B

Hi all, 

Thank you all for posting onto this thread. 

We are aware of an ongoing issue impacting TuneIn content for UK-based customers, we are actively investigating this and will provide an update as soon as possible.  We appreciate your patience and apologize for any impact on your experience.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
chitm
Participant
Registered since

Sep 12, 2020

Can't hear radio program anymore

Hello, I have a soundtouch 30 and I had on it an italian radio on the presets. From a couple of days the error 4501 has appeared all the times I try to listen that radio. I live in UK, could be this the problem? I have listened it for over a year without problems.

I tried to add the URL into the streaming radio but i cannot find the link of the stream. 

The radio is this one https://www.m2o.it/on-air/