4K pass through

Friendly Fanatic

4K pass through

hi, I see that the new Soundtouch badged lifestyle systems will have the ability for 4K pass through. Please don't tell me that my lifestyle 535 series 3 system, which cost me over $5,000 and has the same components as the sound touch badged systems won't support 4K pass through with the latest updates?
5 REPLIES 5

Re: 4K pass through

HI Keef82,
There are currently no models of the Lifestyle system which are capable of 4K pass through. This is true of the current "SoundTouch" 135, 525, and 535 variants as well as all previous models. This is a hardware limitation on those systems and 4K support cannot be added to them by a software update. 
The only current products which boast any 4K compatibility right now are those which use an entirely different media console (SoundTouch 120, 130, & 520 models). And these systems still do not support HDCP 2.2, which is required for interfacing for some of 4K sources.
We apologize for any confusion around this. There have not yet been any announcements about how future products will integrate support of 4K media.
Thank you. 

Silent Starter

I would expect for a 4'000 investment that a solution should be found as my system is little under 1 year but now everything is being upgraded to HDCP 2.2 including my Cable Box. My Pioneer 507XD TV only handles 1080i so I decided to invest into the Lifestyle 535 III prepared for the future and a new TV later on in 2016.. Now I found out that it was not a smart investment in the future as when I finally replace my Pioneer TV with a LG OLED Ultra HD that the Lifestyle will need Optic Cables and does not support HDMI 2.0 / DDCP 2.2 or HDMI ARC and has no 4K Upscaling. Bose I know that you are professionals in sound and that is why I have been a true customer for many years.. But please find a solution which does not mean buying a new system again.. Possibly a recall for systems not being more than 2 years old or you can give your Lifestyle Main Box to a local dealer for a Hardware Upgrade. I have written twice to our Swiss Office for a reply in regards to how long it will take for news with no response.
Hope to hear from someone soon.

Silent Starter

the cinemate 120 does not support 4k.  I just did the update to 1.4.1 and it still does not support 4k at 60, 24, 25, or 30.  I didnt spend $4000, but I did spend $1000 and was told by reps at BestBuy and tech support from Bose all tell me, just like George did above that it does support 4k and it does not.  This is false advertising.  A tech from Bose tonight told me to connect my directv c61 4k genie directly to my tv input 4 or 3 for the 4K video, then run a separate HDMI cable from input 2 to my 120 for sound.  My TV is not a switch, it cannot take audio from input 3 or 4 and divert it to input 2 to send to a device.  my TV is un55hu6380 or 6830, I threw away the box so not sure, but this is not possible for the tv to handle, unless I am completely wrong, if so, please tell me how.  I was baited and switched, this is false advertising.  I feel like Bose came to my house, took $1000 out of my childrens pockets and left my house while laughing at my face.  I am saddened because I have multiple Bose products and was always provided with excellent customer service in the past but not this time.  I was basically told that I am not setting it up correctly so its my fault.  Thank you for the appreciation for attempting to be loyal to your product.  if there cannot be a resolution to this bait and switch, my product loyalty is gone.  
Silent Starter

Is there a work-around?  How do I connect the digital audio from my TV while connecting the 4K Directv directly to the TV without the Bose video guide?

Bose Lifestyle SoundTouch 135

Hi tony31,

The best way to do this would be connecting Via HDMI directly to your TV and then using an optical audio cable to send the audio from your TV to the Lifestyle SoundTouch 135. Some TV's may require you to turn off the TV speakers but these steps should resolve your issue.

Thank You,