Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

4k HDR pass through ps4

Hi Bose community! I'm sure this has been answered but looking for a direct definitive answer.

Speaker is the ST 300, tv is a Panasonic 65cx802b

4K isn't working with ps4, routing HDMI through sound bar into TV, screen keeps flashing green and going black.

If I route cables through sound bar, ps4 picks up it's only a 1.4 connection, direct into TV it's a 2.2.

Tried every setting, every lead, just doesn't want to work with 4K.

The only work around is ps4 direct into TV and a optical cable, as it doesn't downstream in 5.1 audio 😞

Anyone confirm they have it working? Did read that ST300 doesn't support 4k HDR?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 11, 2018

Re: 4k HDR pass through ps4

Author Accepted Answer selected by Joseph0509

re: "Anyone confirm they have it working? Did read that ST300 doesn't support 4k HDR?"

Correct, the Soundtouch 300 does not support 4K HDR passthrough, just 4K passthrough. This was an issue for me also. However, my TV is pretty new - a Sony Bravia XBR 850D (4K, HDR) and thankfull it DOES have 5.1 passthrough over HDMI. So, I have my 4K HDR source (Apple TV) connected to the Sony and from the Sony via HDMI ARC to the ST300. Only way I can get 4K HDR is to go to the TV first, then TV to soundbar.

Does your TV support 5.1 ARC HDMI (instead of using the Optical out from the TV to the ST300)?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 11, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by Joseph0509

re: "Anyone confirm they have it working? Did read that ST300 doesn't support 4k HDR?"

Correct, the Soundtouch 300 does not support 4K HDR passthrough, just 4K passthrough. This was an issue for me also. However, my TV is pretty new - a Sony Bravia XBR 850D (4K, HDR) and thankfull it DOES have 5.1 passthrough over HDMI. So, I have my 4K HDR source (Apple TV) connected to the Sony and from the Sony via HDMI ARC to the ST300. Only way I can get 4K HDR is to go to the TV first, then TV to soundbar.

Does your TV support 5.1 ARC HDMI (instead of using the Optical out from the TV to the ST300)?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Yeah TV does pass 5.1 through arc, just playstation doesn't, which is another issue.
No bother have ordered a optical lead to get the 4k back.
Thanks for the reply.