WaMade
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 21, 2015

A few new user questions and gripes

Hi,
I have a soundtouch 30 and a cinemate 130 system with the wireless adaptor. I can link the systems with the bose app so this confirms the cinemate is seen on the wifi network. Why can't i use the cinemate as an airplay option? only the soundtouch 30 is seen on the iphone screen. Even turning off the soundtouch does not make the ciniemate visible.
Also now Deezer only plays 30 second clips through the app, yet when i stream from my phone through airplay it has no restrictions, why is this? My phone app is not asking to upgrade or pay a fee and has full functionality. Spotify also asks for a premium account and as such is not used through the app and limited to airplay. What is goin on? Feels like im being pigeon holed by Bose and content providers to pay ongoing subscriptions to use the apps through the Bose interface.
I'm almost considering to exercise the 21 day excitement guarantee and return the systems. I do not want to go the Sonos route as their product quality i feel is lesser than Bose, however it appears their user interface and abilty to use the free side of these apps well outstrips that of Bose. 
Offer me some solutions as I really want to stick with this gear, without making considerable ongoing financial committments to be able to stream the content to both systems using the bose app.
The Deezer thing is really annoying as yesterday it was working without a hitch. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
This widget could not be displayed.
Jordan
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Re: A few new user questions and gripes

Hi WaMade,
Yes you are right, Soundtouch adapter for Cinemate system is not compatible with airplay..
About deezer, i think if you want to use the service on soundtouch app, you have to register with a premium account..
rgds
jordan

3 REPLIES 3
This widget could not be displayed.
Jordan
Vocal Volunteer
Registered since

Sep 25, 2014

Hi WaMade,
Yes you are right, Soundtouch adapter for Cinemate system is not compatible with airplay..
About deezer, i think if you want to use the service on soundtouch app, you have to register with a premium account..
rgds
jordan

WaMade
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 21, 2015

Seems a bit of a shafting that there is no Airplay to the cinemate 130. This does not sound right.
Bose reps!!! will this be sorted out in an update. We are all paying a significant premium for your product where the functionality is lacking at best. I will be seeing the Bose store i purchased this gear from as thier sales speil is most definitely far from the expectations and functionality they advised the products would perform. 
some suggestions to greatly improve the systems.
1. Airplay to cinemate wireless adaptor. At the moment it is a $200 brick without paying for premium subscriptions to music services.
2. Allow "play everywhere" function when streaming music from a secondary source. ie. PS4 to cinemate then allow to send to satellite speakers. Or airplay to Soundtouch 30 then allow to send signal to cinemate 130. 
3. Reduce the amount of signal drop out. I will purchase a better router however i dont understand why the Bose gear is having such an issue. My Ps4 recieves full strength right next to your gear. my phones pick up my wifi 2 houses down the road yet both the cinemate and soundtouch gives fair signal. I'm worried another big dollar outlay will not give a result im looking for.
4. Provide more free streaming options for the soundtouch system. The phone apps provide way more functionality for the same services. Not being able to send airplay to multiple devices or the cinemate is a big hinderance.
Apart from a few major flaws the system sounds great and has massive potential to blow your competition with Sonos out of the water. Get the functionality sorted and your gear will walk off the shelves. At the moment im torn and undecided wether i should stay with the gear in hope of improved service over the next few months. Give me some light here.

Jordan's answer is accurate for now, but we appreciate the feedback. We will mark this post as a feature request so that it has visibility to our developers.

Thank you.