Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 2, 2018

ADAPTiQ procedure for 2 seating positions and subwoffer position

I have read some articles about the calibration process. i understand that seating position 1 is the priority and 5 is the lowest.   As there is only the 2 of us, I was uncertain what to do with positions 3 to 5 so I went ether side of our chairs and then in the middle of the 2 chairs for position 5.  

Is this the wrong thing to do?  Am I best to just alternate between the 2 chairs so positions 1,3,5 will be the same and 2,4 will be the same?  Will this confuse the calibration if I am repeating positions?

Also, I have the subwoffer agaist the back wall but have a chair infront of the subwoffer.  Is this a bad idea to have a chair infront of the subwoffer?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Dec 4, 2016

Re: ADAPTiQ procedure for 2 seating positions and subwoffer position

if positions are two close, it normally detects this and asks for a new position.  Really the idea is to pick 5 positions around the room, so that it doesn't creat a "sweet spot" where it sounds best ( it should sound great no matter where in the room you are).  So depending on location I may try the following - In a normal 5 seater couch room I would choose three seated positions (yes for logic's sake the two you and your partner sit would be one and two of them).  I would then choose maybe the kitchen as I listen to music when I cook, the dining table to listen to background music.  Maybe kids sit on the floor while watching.  If you just watch TV/movies from the couch choose 5 positions around the couches (they just need to be at least 1m away from each other)

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 2, 2018

Re: ADAPTiQ procedure for 2 seating positions and subwoffer position

Thanks Morlock.  The room does incorporate the kitchen so had not thought of using this as a point.  The room is around 11m long but we sit around 5.5m from the tv and all points were at this point.  If I use a point around the kitchen, will this "throw" the sound further into the room and then give a better listening point at the 5.5m?